xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Winbound - W49f020 Won't Flash Just Sit At Erash  (Read 85 times)

gdfa

• Archived User
Winbound - W49f020 Won't Flash Just Sit At Erash
« on: December 26, 2003, 11:44:00 PM »

Hi, i try to flash either v1.2/1.3 box with Winbound - W49F020 but it just sit "Erase" nothing happen(with Xecuter2_4979.bin). It can reboot fine. I'm using the Pheonix bios font hack. What could possibily be the problem, pls help? It couldn't be soldering, could it? Becuase it let me flash. thanks

DexterWard

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2003, 12:52:00 AM »

You have to use raincoat to flash winbond ship, not evox.

gdfa

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2003, 12:58:00 AM »

Hi thanks for the replay, i'm been read in the sticky for 1.2/1.3 but i still don't know how to run raincoat. Can u tell me how about do i do that, plz, with my current setup Pheonix font hack? thanks

gdfa

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2003, 01:34:00 AM »

Joecool had use the raincoat from 007raincoat and put it in MechAssault but i don't know how. Does someone know which files/folder i need to move from 007 to the Mecha save and which i don't need in Mecha? (there the folder Boot Raincoat default.xbe xbsavegame.dat saveMeta.xbx)

Is it safe to assume there is no raincoat exploit for Mechassult like there is for 007?

Or even an app that I can select from evox (edit the ini) and use that to flash?

Update, I have one of the winbond chips without having a 007 original. So I simply copied the raincoat section of the 007 hack to the Mechassult hack and ran raincoat to flash my tsop (needs a full chip erase). works great!!!

as said previously... raincoat/linux rules!!!!!

This post has been edited by joecool on Sep 17 2003, 10:12 PM

DexterWard

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2003, 02:11:00 AM »

You need 007savewithraincoat.zip and xbedump, find them in the usual place.
Unzip the files present in the UDATA directory (default.xbe, directories BOOT and raincoat). If you don't use pbl you have to sign the default.xbe with xbedump (with the font key, assuming you use font exploit on you xbox).
Then ftp the default.xbe and the 2 directories in your xbox applications directory.
Turn on the xbox, run the default.xbe (linux), you should see the famous pinguin on your tv screen. At this point you can telnet from your pc to your xbox, and flash your bios according to the tutorial for 007raincoat.

Regards

gdfa

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2003, 06:12:00 AM »

Thankx Dexter, its finally work now! I didn't think i can just add raincoat to the pbl exov, i keep trying to run it with the mecha save and didn''t even sign default.xbe(Stupid me). It ran no problem with pbl.