xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: [help] Confused About Tsop Recovering (wrong Bios)  (Read 128 times)

Roger_That

• Archived User
[help] Confused About Tsop Recovering (wrong Bios)
« on: November 10, 2003, 02:05:00 PM »

I read many posts as I could, but I'm a bit confused about recovering my bios. I can't do everything by myself as I haven't the necessary tools at home, so knowing exactly what to do when I ask a friend of mine to do the job would be of great help.
The problem: I flashed (it was a mistake, but I fell so stupid for that...) my tsop with tsop d6 (no modchip installed, Xbox V1.0), and my x-box doesn't boot anymore (it turns on, but the dvd doesn'open and the light stays green).
Which is the quickest solution to fix it? I can choose from a 1st generation modchip (29 wires, Enigmah if I can remember) and an LCP mod (I don't know which one, but it's not a 1mb one), flashed with Evox-M7.
As far as I could understand from the post, the 1st gen chip would do the job, but will my x-box boot with it with the tsop d6 flashed? I ask as my friend told me installing it it's quite a pain (and he has to do the job), so before doing it it would be nice to be sure. Using the LCP mod is a better solution? What about the A15 and the boot trick (that's the point I don't understand)? Is the Evox-M7 good for the job? I imagine I can't simply install the LCP modchip and turn it off after boot...
Thanks a lot for your help.

venturahighway

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2003, 02:22:00 PM »

to do the LPC modchip tsop flash (with tsop_d6) there must be valid code in the tsop.

i have heard that having  tsop_d6 actually on the tsop is suitable.

A15 must be grounded for a modchip with tsop_d6 on it to boot. (unground before flashing!)
you must also disable the chip (open d0 or turn off, etc) ~1 second after power-on.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2003, 02:23:00 PM »

well i think you can recover a 1.0 TSOP with a matrix but im not sure, look for the tutorial on xbox-scene

the 29 wire would do the job for sure, but yeah, its a pain to install

also, and LPC mod will boot your xbox, and all will run fine, but of course you wont be able to disable the mod for Live or what have you

Roger_That

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2003, 11:06:00 PM »

I tried to install the Enigmah (29 wires), but the X-box didn't booted. All connections seems to be fine (I used a tester), so I don't know what went wrong.
Has the 29 wires modchip to work in my situation or it's possible I can't fix it? I'm getting really frustrated :-(

barn

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2003, 02:48:00 AM »

i tried to recover bad tsop but from what ive read in the forums the enigma still requires a vaild tsop to work
try 29 wire homebrew  that worked for me and from what ive read that should be able to recover bad tsop on all verions

venturahighway

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2003, 08:04:00 AM »

read this.  he did the same thing you did.

you can flash a 1.0 to 1.3 with the LPC modchip method.

you could only do a 1.0 before they came out with tsop_d6.bin.