xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Does The Hacked Gamesave Work With...  (Read 292 times)

WhatsAModchip?

• Archived User
Does The Hacked Gamesave Work With...
« on: November 07, 2003, 11:38:00 AM »

hey, i got this crappy 3rd party memory card that doesnt load up my mechassault gamesave, so i need to know if it is ok to buy a madcatz one.  if anyone can assist me in this matter that would be great.  thanks.

Zedek

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2003, 12:46:00 PM »

Some people have claimed they have gotten third party memory cards to work but I for one haven't had any luck with any of the 3rd party memory chips...

I ended up shelling out the cash to Micro$oft and getting one of their memory chips and it worked.

Now, I know a Mega X-Key works.....but that's the only third party I know of that works repeatedly and reliably.

WhatsAModchip?

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2003, 01:06:00 PM »

ok, any more information would be greatly appreciated. thx.

thejt

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2003, 09:44:00 PM »

I have a mad catz transulcent and I works just  fine.. Never had a problem.  Maybe people forget that they may need to erase some demo saves or something to make room for the quite large gamesave (if you include the installer).  

cONEction

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2003, 08:51:00 AM »

QUOTE (thejt @ Nov 8 2003, 07:37 AM)
I have a mad catz transulcent and I works just  fine.. Never had a problem.  Maybe people forget that they may need to erase some demo saves or something to make room for the quite large gamesave (if you include the installer).

hey

ive tried 2 diffrent 3rd party memorycards, but none worked, but i dont understand why
cause you copy the savegame to hdd, so it means most memorycards cant hold data and somehow they corrupt it, very strange though

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2003, 09:33:00 AM »

hey, sorry for the lack of contact, i checked and my madcatz wont work with the MA hacks (but it works with the 007 ones blink.gif )

wd-40

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2003, 09:51:00 AM »

Just to let you guys know.  There is some 64mbit memory cards out that I ordred a few.  They look identical to the original m$ memory units.  Anybody is interested in them.  Just $20 bucks a piece w/shipping.

I'm also looking for some 16mbit and 32mbit ones and if anybody has those or a link, let me know.  I'll order and test them out...

thejt

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2003, 10:24:00 AM »

Ive used 2 mad catz and some other generic brand.. All three worked just fine.  Maybe you guys have other gamesaves on your HDD.  If you previously played or loaded the game you already have a gamesave.. when you copy the exploit gamesave and try to run it it wont work.. at least I had that problem once.. and once I deleted the legit gamesave and re-copied my exploit it worked fine.

WhatsAModchip?

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2003, 10:37:00 AM »

QUOTE (thejt @ Nov 8 2003, 08:17 PM)
Ive used 2 mad catz and some other generic brand.. All three worked just fine.  Maybe you guys have other gamesaves on your HDD.  If you previously played or loaded the game you already have a gamesave.. when you copy the exploit gamesave and try to run it it wont work.. at least I had that problem once.. and once I deleted the legit gamesave and re-copied my exploit it worked fine.

did you use it with mechassault? cuz i just bought it for 13 shipped from one guy (the EA sports edition of it) im just hoping it works smile.gif

WhatsAModchip?

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2003, 10:46:00 AM »

QUOTE (lordvader129 @ Nov 8 2003, 07:33 PM)
hey, sorry for the lack of contact, i checked and my madcatz wont work with the MA hacks (but it works with the 007 ones blink.gif )

is there any way that i could get a refund on my memory card? or does anyone want to buy it?!?@!?$@?#

thejt

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2003, 10:54:00 AM »

Yes.. Ive used mechassault, 007 evox and raincoat.. never a problem.

One thing about MA.. If you ALREADY have a gamesave on the HDD and you copy the UDATA folder over its not gonna work.. I ran into this and fixed it by going into the micro$oft dashboard and deleted all instances of MA.. Then copied my MA exploit over and things were fine.  Some games are setup to have multiple game saves with the option of loading one of your choosing.  MA seems to always just load one gamesave from a location of your choosing.  When you have two gamesaves on your HDD it always loads the legit one. Hense why it doesnt work!

This post has been edited by thejt: Nov 8 2003, 07:00 PM

WhatsAModchip?

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2003, 11:37:00 AM »

QUOTE (thejt @ Nov 8 2003, 08:47 PM)
Yes.. Ive used mechassault, 007 evox and raincoat.. never a problem.

One thing about MA.. If you ALREADY have a gamesave on the HDD and you copy the UDATA folder over its not gonna work.. I ran into this and fixed it by going into the micro$oft dashboard and deleted all instances of MA.. Then copied my MA exploit over and things were fine.  Some games are setup to have multiple game saves with the option of loading one of your choosing.  MA seems to always just load one gamesave from a location of your choosing.  When you have two gamesaves on your HDD it always loads the legit one. Hense why it doesnt work!

i deleted every single gamesave of MA, but MA makes a gamesave once you enter (under the name MechWarrior) does that have anything to do with it? cuz i had no gamesaves on the hd and it still didnt work...

thejt

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2003, 12:18:00 PM »

All i can say is.. Huh.   Guess not all memory cards are equal.

WhatsAModchip?

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2003, 05:59:00 PM »

QUOTE (thejt @ Nov 8 2003, 10:11 PM)
All i can say is.. Huh.   Guess not all memory cards are equal.

i guess not...and i used a new xbox this time.  first i used firefuckers evox loader and i got error 21??? then i used my older one and a blank screen..any ideas??!?!? (using same memory card on a new xbox)

Shadowmaster

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2003, 07:00:00 PM »

I have a mad cats 8mb card from walmart. It works great, was able to save the 007save to it NO PROBLEM. Had to delete some game saves that were already on there that came with the card.
Pages: [1] 2