xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Audio Hack + Tsop Flash  (Read 101 times)

Noilegnave Siseneg Noen

• Archived User
Audio Hack + Tsop Flash
« on: September 06, 2003, 02:14:00 PM »

i know you can flash tsop using 007/evox gamesave exploit.  i'm not sure if any of the bfm stuff would work or not, anybody else?  

however, i can say that raincoat is not the only way to flash it, i've done quite a few boxes and I always just load up a memcard with the 007/evox gamesave exploit with a x2 bios of appropriate size loaded in it, use xboxdash to transfer to hdd, then use 007 original game to load evox dash and flash.

just a note, the bios folder in this case is embedded in the gamesave directory in the hacked 007 gamesave.

GuySmily

• Archived User
Audio Hack + Tsop Flash
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2003, 04:46:00 PM »

The save game actually does need to be copied to the hard drive for use I'm pretty sure, but I think he meant that it went from his memory card to the xbox, then he ran it.

KIPPERMAN32

• Archived User
Audio Hack + Tsop Flash
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2003, 01:00:00 AM »

N1..Plan to do it today on my matrix modded box..let me get this right though...v1.0/1.1 = 1meg bios 1.2/1.3 = 256k bios? pretty sure thats it..also, when i look at the tsop manufacturer on the xbox mobo, should there be a reference to that specific chip in my evox.ini? I have latest dash 3752. Then just flash with evox like i would my x2 pro on my other modded box? Not forgetting soldering the 2 points (I intend to use defogger as suggested by smokingit). Im gussing this will work after initially shitting my pants for 30 seconds or so, then if i leave points soldered (defoggered) i can obviously write new bios`s to it at will as they come out (gonna empty bios`s though out of bios folder on c:) just incase kids think its a new game i put on for em`..

Thanx

anys links to a page listing various xbox tsops manufacturers and there sizes?

Noilegnave Siseneg Noen

• Archived User
Audio Hack + Tsop Flash
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2003, 11:23:00 AM »

QUOTE (GuySmily @ Sep 6 2003, 08:46 PM)
The save game actually does need to be copied to the hard drive for use I'm pretty sure, but I think he meant that it went from his memory card to the xbox, then he ran it.

yes, this is what I meant.

.i intend to use a `normal` bios to flash not a bfm

by that, i didn't mean flash your TSOP with a bfm bios.  that wouldn't work.  in fact, it was probably a silly thing to say, because I've never used audio hack stuff and was just thinking about phoenix boot loader running bfm bios.  i guess audio hack doesn't do that.

KIPPERMAN32

• Archived User
Audio Hack + Tsop Flash
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2003, 01:21:00 PM »

Lo, flashed today, All was fine. gotta give smokingit a huge thanx though for puttin the defogger idea in me head..Hopeless @ soldering and found this far easier and can highly recommend it..Just a quick one..I had 4978.03 1 meg version but deleted it..I c on Xbins theres only a 512k one now..I open that bios up in x2bm and it shows up in banks 1+2 as a 2 part multi bios...to make it to 1 meg bios, i just duplicate these 2 banks into the other 2 spare banks (so all 1 meg is used) then save as 1 meg bios? or similiarly 4 * 256k`s duplicated in all 4 banks?

Thanx