xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bad Flash: Can't Open The Tray And No Video Signal  (Read 366 times)

candyman

• Archived User
Bad Flash: Can't Open The Tray And No Video Signal
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2003, 04:27:00 AM »

i'm having same problem , flashed using d6 tsop bios , prolly worng bios DAMN , ejct won't work , no AV signal .... any thoughts on how to recover this , can i re-flash my tsop ?
?? what to do? help !

anonimac

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2003, 03:53:00 PM »

I have TSOP flashed via soldering mod chip flashing onboard then removing chip. Currently flashed with Matrix bios and using evox dash. Everything worked great until a few days ago....games from hd, movies from hd, burned games, originals, XBMP, etc... Then while watching movie from HD the ring around eject button starts flashing green (no red, no orange, just green), but no problem with using xbox...Then today i tried to FTP in to transfer another movie and in the middle of the transfer it failed, and when i restarted and retried to establsih FTP connection....no go. That's when the problems started.....no splash screen, no video of any sort, no sound of any kind, and no eject! When i turn it on the light is sold, but when i hit the eject button it starts flashing green (again, no red, no orange just green) and doesn't stop until i turn xbox off. Please offer any suggestions you may have because i've dumped plenty of green into this damn thing and at this point it's useless....i've heard everything from "It's your HD" to "It's your DVD drive".....I'm open to anything, i just need this thing running again. I have the stock hd, stock phillips DVD drive and no neons, switches, lights, NOS, or whatever else whacked out garbage people put on. Stock everything with flashed TSOP...been working great for year and a half. Thanks to all who assist!

F-TIMMER

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2003, 05:47:00 PM »

try letting it sit with power on for a half hour and see if the evox screen pops up. i had almost the same problem, but it would take a long time for dash to pop up.when the dash did pop up it was really "slow" to navigate the menu. all i did was reflash and it would fix it for awhile. then bang samething agian. i found that by locking my hdd solved the problem for good.

Exobex

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2003, 09:09:00 AM »

QUOTE (candyman @ Sep 28 2003, 12:27 PM)
i'm having same problem , flashed using d6 tsop bios , prolly worng bios DAMN , ejct won't work , no AV signal .... any thoughts on how to recover this , can i re-flash my tsop ?
?? what to do? help !

That BIOS isn't supposed to be put on the TSOP (it's a bloody confusing name!).  It's supposed to be put on a Matrix mod to prepare for flashing the TSOP.

Check the tutorials, you may be able to reflash the TSOP if you buy or borrow a Matrix mod or something.

Polaris75

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2003, 05:14:00 AM »

Found it ... does everyone having these problems have a Sharp chip on their boards?

http://forums.xbox-s...=43&t=75049&hl=

5th post down, by cribby08 ... You can't have all three points connected when you boot up ... you need to leave the one on the top-side of the board open until the box is booted up and ready to flash ...

I tested this myself right away and cleaned off the top solder point and it's booting fine now (rebooting over and over due to a bad font exploit, but that's better than where I was 5 minutes ago ...)

Once you're totally ready to flash, in EvoX after an exploit or in raincoat or whatever, you then need to solder to two points on the top of the board ... you can then flash the Sharp chip, then power down, clean off that top point and reboot ...

sEnSi

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2003, 11:46:00 AM »

hi ,

I have the same problem good flash with evox (EvoxM7) after reboot from the evox dash no audio , no video , no eject , solid green light .

Did anybody with the same problem got his box back up and working with a mod in it .

Tnx

Greatzzzz

sEnSi

fluidmax

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2003, 12:52:00 PM »

sEnSi you can use a LPC mod to recover ur xbox...however you will probably not be able to recover the bad TSOP with the LPC modchip since you might not have a single bank of good bios on the TSOP...unless you use a 29 wires full bios modchip

this is why i suggest people to double check the MD5 before they put a new (freshly downloaded off the net) bios on their TSOP...with bioschecker...in case of a bad (corrupt) DL.....

a lot of times the file you down might unrar fine...but it was corrupted when someone first RARed it...always double check....

Alpha1337

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2003, 08:15:00 AM »

bump

OVerlordI

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2003, 12:37:00 PM »

sad.gif

OVerlordI

bbjk

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2003, 06:03:00 PM »

biggrin.gifs...

Knocks

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2003, 08:03:00 PM »

my solution was to buy an xbit modchip.  i didn't bother recovering the tsop since i don't play live and don't need retail bios.  the reason i got xbit is because it has a usb connector and i can use my laptop to recover it, if i ever flash it again with a bad bios.

skylabops

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2003, 06:39:00 AM »

I'll raise my hand and say I have the same problem. Flashed my BIOS at least 20 times successfully, and wouldn't you know, the 21st time, it's dead.

My chip has a removable BIOS chip thankfully and I'm just waiting for my pre-programmed chip to arrive in the mail. I HOPE that is the solution. At least I can use the box with the chip disabled...

To be honest, I think I made a mistake with my evox.ini hash editing. But, we'll see...

evilxbox

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2003, 11:40:00 AM »

the christmas lights difference is when you have a/v connector connected or disc.

experiencing same problems here after a tsop bios flash on alladin 2
Pages: 1 [2]