xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Matrix Tsop Problem...  (Read 73 times)

PlatinumSkater

• Archived User
Matrix Tsop Problem...
« on: August 14, 2003, 04:33:00 PM »

the easiest thing to do (maybe not the easiest... but an easier way) is take the mobo out, soldier the points on top, and bottom (or any other points needed based on xbox type) and flash via audio exploit

i too had a matrix but i decided to flash tsop and those tutorials made me want to make my own bios/tsop rather than flash it like that. so i decided to do it the audio exploit way, worked nicely

just a few cents of mine

Ceth

• Archived User
Matrix Tsop Problem...
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2003, 07:09:00 PM »

Well I've tried to reflash the matrix, and unfortunatly get the same result.  I've done my best to ensure all connections are right, but they are very difficult to test.

I think I'll give up on the Matrix method for now and try the audio exploit.  I'll let you know how that goes.

Thanks

Ceth

• Archived User
Matrix Tsop Problem...
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2003, 09:11:00 PM »

Allright, I'm trying to figure out what exactly is going wrong with the matrix method.  Hopefully someone with more experience of the matrix method can help me out.

I'm beginning to suspect that there is something wrong with the EvoX_MatriX_TSOP_flash.bin bios I'm trying to flash to my matrix.  So far everything I've done has led to the exact same conclusions.  I've checked and rechecked, all connections (w1-w2, t1, j1) and even tested them with a DMM.  I've also flashed and reflashed the matrix using both WinLPC and Wmilk.  I've also ensured the matrix is aligned properly with a DMM.  

When I power the xbox on in MODE 3 (t1 grounded), matrix led is green (as it should be).  However, nothing appears on the screen.  The eject led is flashing crazy colours of green, amber, and red intermittently.  The DVD drive sounds to be clicking continuously and will NOT eject.  I've even tried switching to another xbox DVD drive, which produced the same results.  Matrix set to MODE 2 & 4 also produce identical results!

When I set the matrix to MODE 1 (disabling the matrix) the original bios boots flawlessly! and the DVD drive functions as per normal.

Anyone have another possible explanation?