xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Trying To Flash Tsop With Evox  (Read 86 times)

jesistehsux

• Archived User
Trying To Flash Tsop With Evox
« on: July 28, 2003, 02:55:00 PM »

Ok well first things first, find out which revision xbox you have.

Next step is to follow the diagram according to what you have and solder the points. Then you can go on and flash the tsop in evox. If this is a 1.2/1.3 with winbond i'm not sure it will allow you to flash the tsop. If evox does not work you can try using the 007 w/ raincoat hack. Theres a pinned thread that explains how to go about doing this. Also check if your Evox.ini has the appended values for your flash. Perhaps you have a winbond or ST type chip then if thats the case, modify it and try again.

If this helps any make sure you use a compatible bios otherwise you will hinder the xbox useless.

I hope this info helps you in anyway.

Regards,
jes

beerbaron

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2003, 01:01:00 AM »

I don't mean to step on your post, but I'm trying to do the same thing as you. Flashing with Evox. I've got the motherboard soldered up. I just need to get a bios to flash. I don't wanna flash the wrong bios. I've got a v1.0 xbox and I don't know what bios is "compatable" is there anyway to tell? Also where do I get bioses? Would they be found on a website, or do I have to go sources like irc?

FIREitUP

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2003, 07:01:00 AM »

you have to add something like this in your evox.ini file: bios: ST = 4 X00000 or some shit like that depends what bios you have

Ceazer

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2003, 08:56:00 AM »

smile.gif

Dunamis

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2003, 01:43:00 PM »

I believe it is an Xbox version 1.1...  I was told that it was that because it had one fan on the motherboard (on the processor).  Either way, I will be wanting to use EvoX to modify several boxes that may be different versions.   Can we assume that I have every version Xbox?  I would just like to know what to do to a 1.0 or 1.1 box (which is what I have been trying on I believe), and also a 1.2 or 1.3 box, for when I bump into them.  Thanks.

Maybe I just need a simpler tutorial, or one written that will include how o flash TSOP with MechAssault and EvoX if it is possible.  Thanks

Ceazer

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2003, 03:27:00 PM »

hehehe, i know you dont want to here this one but, (always a butt hehe) if its a 1.1 and your getting to the point that you can flash it.  then you must be doing it right.  so that means it has to be the solder on the points.  

considering your useing a 1mb bios file and have copyed the files to the xbox hard drive