xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: What Points To Solder In A 1.2/1.3  (Read 88 times)

Exobex

• Archived User
What Points To Solder In A 1.2/1.3
« on: July 02, 2003, 03:54:00 AM »

Will find out this weekend, doing at least 1 1.3 machine.
First attempt will be topside only, the one away from the TSOP (the original topside jumper) and the one straddling the white line (the bottomside jumper where it reaches the topside of the board).  I don't think the other topside jumpers (next to the white line straddler) are correct, so I'll only do those if I need to.

Results posted here on Monday!

wucin

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2003, 11:43:00 AM »

sad.gif

Can we still put in a modchip for 1.3 if it turns out that we cannot flash the bios by soldering the jumpers?

Exobex

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2003, 12:44:00 AM »

QUOTE (wucin @ Jul 2 2003, 07:43 PM)
I am confused...

The thread at "do I Have A 1.3 Xbox" indicated that LPC cheap mods will not work with Xbox 1.3. I thought that bridging the jumpers is the LPC cheap mod?

Do you guys think that soldering jumpers will work with 1.3 Xbox?

No, bridging the jumpers has nothing to do with the LPC mod.  It's a cheap mod, alright, but it's not a cheapmod.

Bridging the jumpers is done as part of a TSOP flash upgrade, be it an upgrade enabled by use of an existing mod (LPC, old 29-wire, whatever) or a 007:AUF/MechAssault hack.
*Update*
I tried both 4 points on top and two points top/bottom methods and it doesn't seem to have any effect on my 1.3 box.
The Xbox just boots like normal and when I tried to flash the bios using the 007 raincoat it just gives me error 21 and the light flashes green and orange. This sucks sad.gif

Can we still put in a modchip for 1.3 if it turns out that we cannot flash the bios by soldering the jumpers?

Will tell you on Monday.  If it works will also tell you which jumpers are the correct ones, hopefully with an alternate set of points to the pair on the bottom.

black_light

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2003, 08:05:00 AM »

all of the game overflow exploits will work regardless of waht they do to prevent it. (at least i think so...) and the points depend on what brand chip you have, not what version xbox.

Exobex

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2003, 04:34:00 PM »

OK, back again.  Tested Kobe's diagram (1.2/1.3, all points on top), it's 100% correct.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SOLDER UNDER THE 1.2/1.3 BOARD!

The underside points actually pop up next to the TSOP (cutting the white line, like I said), but then join straight over to the two that Kobe's marked, right alongside.

If you have problems soldering the points together, try tinning them with a gob of solder on each, then solder a single strand of wire across them (I use a single strand from Maplin's 10/0.1mm² wire).  Once soldered, flex the strand GENTLY back and forth (don't bust the pads!) until it snaps off through metal fatigue.  You now have two pads joined by a piece of wire about 3mm long!