xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Error 21 Starting Raincoat With 007 Auf  (Read 73 times)

mortal1979

• Archived User
Error 21 Starting Raincoat With 007 Auf
« on: July 01, 2003, 08:46:00 PM »

I'm having the same problem you are. I have a memory cartridge with the 007withraincoat save on it and I've used it to mod other xboxen but I have this xbox a friend brought over for me to mod and whenever I load up the saved game off the cartrige I get error 21. I looked up error 21 and from what I can tell you only get those when the software tells the machine to display that error. The box I'm having trouble with is a v1.1(4817). It's brand new.. I had to crack the seal on the box. I haven't tried soldering the points on the board yet. Not untill I can get it to boot linux off the memory card.

Anyone have a solution for this problem? Or a reason it's occuring?

iLLNESS

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2003, 09:36:00 PM »

have you guys tried copying ythe save toi the hard drive like the tutorial tells you to?

hehe

the save has a nice lil file that points to the raincoat/evox.xbe on the xbox hdd save partition.. if the file isnt there your going to get a nice error when u load the save

so as i say.. copy the save from the memory card to the hdd

smashly

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2003, 05:29:00 AM »

Well I've only worked with v1 and v1.1 using Hacked AUF Game Save with Patched Evox, done about 17 xbox's (multi boot MS & X2 4977) this way and haven't had that prob yet. I use to use the AUF linux method (about 8 or so xbox's) and never had that prob.

I'm aware it's frustrating when some1 says "there must be something you've missed"  , but that has to be the truth of it.
Sorry my comment is worthless to your prob...but the auf  linux or evox method works well on v1 & v1.1 when done correctly.

The only thing I don't do is copy the Hacked AUF Save to the modded Xbox HD. I actually FTP the hacked AUF save to the memory card directly from the pc FTP proggie to the Mem Card...but I can't see that making any diff.

Exobex

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2003, 07:58:00 AM »

Could it be similar to the Mechassault problem mentioned here?  Apparently it's "old news" but the guy who wrote that didn't bother linking to the post, and I can't find it.

computerhighguy

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2003, 11:12:00 AM »

laugh.gif

I couldn't beleive it.  My theory is this.

The file system on the generic memory card is probably corupt in certain places due to poor quality parts or the memory itself is corrupt.  Some xbox's are probably better at handling this than others (namely the 1 I was trying to flash).  It is just the luck of the draw that I had this problem.  

The good thing about it is that the guy was so grateful that I was able to flash the xbox, that he gave me the memory card.   cool.gif

Moral of the story here kids is to mot buy cheap memory.  You obviously get what you pay for.  Mortal, go to Walmart, but the xbox branded memory cartridge.  Use a rasor blade to open the package on the back at a discreet place and give it a try.  If it doesn't work, take the card back and get a refund.  Just don't destroy the package.

Smashly, I used the embedded FTP server in the latest version of Evox to FTP the raincoat files to the memory cartridge also (the generic one) and it didn't work for this Xbox.  I don't think it was the method (although a HD cable swapping method probably would have resulted in a flashed BIOS since I would be bypassing the memory module) that was causing the problem, just the bum cartridge.

Anyway, it is working and although it took forever, the process was quite painless.