xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Flash Xbox 1.2 With 007raincoat  (Read 507 times)

majik655

• Archived User
Flash Xbox 1.2 With 007raincoat
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2003, 11:51:00 PM »

QUOTE (smokeingit @ Jul 13 2003, 04:26 PM)
Jesus... was that the problem? you never botherd to edit the conf. file? come on guys it tells you to do it from the word go on the start of this post. it was already covered and you guys didnt even bother to read it. its not a 1.2 its a 1.3 seeing that i was the one to first point it out dry.gif
AND i even made a guide, the wonderful world of search. http://forums.xbox-s...tupid,and,guide

I have a question for you...

do you have to do all 3 jumpers for all the 1.2's and 1.3's ??

I ask because in your tutorial post it says to..
and others state because things or people's xbox's have shorted out only doing the 2 top ones?

I ask because in my last 2 posts on this thread I only did the top 2 and UNDID the bottom one (if it was connected properly) and everything flashed..  could I be shorting it?  its a 1.2 as far as I can tell with a ST chip.

smokeingit

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2003, 01:47:00 AM »

some people say the two top is sufice... i do all 3 and never had an issue... but i do here that some people get fragging systems when they just do the top.... to each their own.

Exobex

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2003, 08:31:00 AM »

QUOTE (majik655 @ Jul 13 2003, 07:30 PM)
QUOTE (FIREitUP @ Jul 11 2003, 07:22 PM)
i get manufacturers ID 09 device ID 00 Flash Not Writeable!! :/ got st using the evox loader can anyone help me here? i got ST on 1.2 i did the two top jumpers and even the one on the bottom for windbond....WTF CAN I DO!?

UNDO the bottom jumper ....

use raincoat .501 by exobex :
"Download raincoat-0.501.zip HERE , replace your existing raincoat and raincoat.conf files (the ones in your 007:AUF Linux save) with the ones in my ZIP file. "

then add this line to that raincoat.conf file :
Flash = 0x20B0,"ST M29F002BT",0x40000

then try to flash it again.

This worked for me... and hopefully for others ST

There's already a line for that chip in the raincoat.conf file that comes with raincoat 0.501:-
Flash = 0x20b0,"ST - 29F002",0x40000

By adding another one you're just doubling up.

If you get the 0x00, 0x09 error, check your soldering on the point near the LPC port.

If you get "flash not writable", check your soldering on the point near the TSOP (topside or bottomside, whichever one you used).

If you can't get the solder to bridge the jumpers properly (it balls up on either side instead), you can instead tin the points and solder a single strand of wire across them, then snap off the excess (carefully) leaving you with a 3mm wire bridge.

Ikantski

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2003, 11:55:00 AM »

Yup, this worked perfectly for me too.  Wouldn't work until i did that extra point.

a9h3x

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2003, 04:42:00 PM »

I did the tsop flash on the v1.0 no problem but the 1.2 is giving me tons of problems i have solered the top two points and the bottom point , last night i was solerign the one point on top and one on bottom as the auf newbie guide states, but i resoldered the bottom so much the trace on the bottom is half out .. so now i see this guide and i have both top points soldered perfect and the tsop still will not flash i have tried everything ...anyone help!!!??!

a9h3x

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2003, 08:45:00 PM »

QUOTE (Ginie66 @ Jul 30 2003, 05:21 PM)
QUOTE (a9h3x @ Jul 28 2003, 01:42 AM)
I did the tsop flash on the v1.0 no problem but the 1.2 is giving me tons of problems i have solered the top two points and the bottom point , last night i was solerign the one point on top and one on bottom as the auf newbie guide states, but i resoldered the bottom so much the trace on the bottom is half out .. so now i see this guide and i have both top points soldered perfect and the tsop still will not flash i have tried everything ...anyone help!!!??!

dude try to put a switch in it might help it might not and flash the tsop 1 half at a time

or try to update the raincoat to 5.0 or 5.1 that might be the prob

can anyone help me put 2 switchs in so i can run 4 bioses @ 256k
all i need are the points to solder with a 3 pin swith ON/ON

you can't put a switch on 1.2 bios it's only 256k bios chip.. im going to try this with the new raincoat ill post my results.. i hope it works im pretty sure it wont  seeing how that bottom trace is not connected..

Exobex

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2003, 10:16:00 AM »

QUOTE (dmozk @ Aug 4 2003, 10:26 PM)
I did a 1.2 ST last night.

Until i bridged the bottom of the board I was getting unknown device with raincoat 3 + 5 + 5.01

Just my 2 cents

That means you'd buggered up one of the sets of jumper points on the topside.  The ones closest to the TSOP, to be precise.  They're directly connected to the ones on the bottom, if you follow the tracks from the top two, they drop through two holes (one of which is on the white line surrounding the TSOP) and make a bee-line for the jumper points on the bottom side.

meokman

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2003, 07:38:00 AM »

done it now 1.3 with winbound with 5.1 raincoat thanks to kobe top man thanks for your help

chojin

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2003, 02:44:00 PM »

could someone please explain to me how to update the 007 linxu zip file to linux 0.51. i thought it was just replacing the config files but when i do that and ftp it to the xbox using xbsaves manager there is no saved folder in the 007 slot. also just to clear up which points need soldering on a version 1.2 is it the top 2 as shown here or one on top and one on the bottom. any help would much appreciated i was at this for over 10 hours yesterday.

chojin

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: August 08, 2003, 04:54:00 PM »

ok i updated the raincoat files raincoat and raincoat config with version 0.51. then i put all the savegame files back in a zip folder. i select this folder with xboxsavemanager it shows the agent under fire save game. i transfer it to the xbox but the file i transfer doesnt have a + next to it in xbsm and when i view the save on the xbox there is a file but it has no save games in it. help me out i dont know what to do.

Fostbarr

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2003, 06:44:00 PM »

Ok first off can any one confirm that the line of code
"Flash = 0x20B0,"ST 29F002",0x40000"
will allow Rain Coat to flash a ver1.2 with ST.

And second what is the newest and best bios out to use on a 256K bios in a ver1.2 ST

thank you ahead of time for your help it is greatly apprecticed.

Geremia

• Archived User
« Reply #56 on: August 19, 2003, 03:23:00 PM »

FYI

I think that is unusefull to use raincoat.conf, because the precompiled raincoat has inside an update list of flash types and it search eventually for /etc/raincoat.conf (absolute path) and not raincoat.conf in the same dir where raincoat is lounched, so it will not load your edited raincoat.conf, unless you recompile raincoat to search in local path.

0x00 and 0x09 are the first 2 byte of all xbox bioses.
During flash identifying, pin WE and OE (do you know the 2 bridge to solder? that they are) are drived high and low in a special write sequence, the flash goes into a special status and then you read the first 2 byte that will be manufacturer and device codes, if OE and WE are not drived correctly (bad solder) you'll get simply the first 2 byte of the content of the flash.

JimmyBones

• Archived User
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2003, 04:28:00 AM »

just would like to say, after my lil bro just got a 1.2 i was like oh my.. after carefully reading this thread and all the input everything worked like a charm from backing up original bios to putting a customized x2 .... not a single prob... thanks a bunch all you guys

Moosta

• Archived User
« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2003, 01:59:00 AM »

Elloo Everyone,

I've got a problem. Apart from the obvious. My first experience with TSOP Flashing seems to have gone wrong some where.

I've got a Ver1.2 Xbox. I had followed tutorials with getting the 007 game save hack & raincoat configured.
All that went well. I was having troubles getting raincoat to recognise my flash chip. I downloaded and used the modified version of raincoat "raincoat 5.01". This worked fine, Detected my chip as a 256k chip ( ST-M29F002BT ) and allowed me to backup the original bios. Then I flashed it using the ( Xecuter2 - 4976.02 - 256k ) bios.

After the flash all seemed well, its went fine and completed. Then I turned the Xbox off thinking I had encountered 100% success. But then came the gut renching feeling of failure. Now when I turn it on the DVD tray wont eject. Also the eject light flickers red & green. I dont get any visual picture on the screen and no sounds either.

Does anyone know whats gone wrong ? I just keep reading about peoples success and I havent found any threads of things going wrong for anyone except raincoat not recognising the flash chip type. Could anyone shed some light on my problem ?

I've also got a thread regarding my problem here -->  http://forums.xbox-s...T&f=43&t=101183

How ever I thought this may be a appropriate place for my problem too.

Any help, suggestions, feedback, comments would be appreciated.

Thanxz in advance.

Cheers   beerchug.gif

Moosta

• Archived User
« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2003, 09:13:00 AM »

Elloo All,

Fixed my problem. Fitted a modchip.

http://forums.xbox-s...T&f=43&t=101183

Cheers   beerchug.gif
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5