xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: 007 Linux Tsop Flash W/out Compiling Or Mem Card  (Read 379 times)

carpe-nox

• Archived User
007 Linux Tsop Flash W/out Compiling Or Mem Card
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2003, 11:26:00 PM »

I just wanted to mention that if you have bellsouth.net as an ISP you are fucked in linux-on-unmodded as they banned the entire ISP.  I looked ot get help and was unable to as my ISP was banned.  To ps2mech and all that were in there.  Fuck you.

allkingsfall

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2003, 10:30:00 PM »

shroom is awsome the mod works great

MGSnake19

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2003, 02:00:00 PM »

hey can some1 send me the 007 save file that is around 140 meg , i want to try this tutorial but is hard to find the image , i tried xbins , #linux but nothing ,can some1 upload it to my ftp server here u can download any utilities that may interest you .

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2003, 03:30:00 PM »

tongue.gif

kard63

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2003, 12:31:00 PM »

I CANNOT get it to pause.  Do you use the pause buton, if not what should I do ?

phil3627

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2003, 08:20:00 PM »

I also would like to get my hands on that gamesave partition image.

Sirwill

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2003, 09:08:00 PM »

I am so frustrated with this!  OK, so I got the game save, I downloaded a bootable linux CD, I run the CD I do the hot swapping of the HD for locking purposes, I know this part is working.  I mount my windows hard drive with mount -t vfat /dev/hda1 /win  I then attempt to back up the xbox HDD to it, and of course it stops at 2gb because of file sizes.  So I try to do it with the |split command, and split is an unknown command.  So then I say screw it and decide I want to just write it to the hdd and forget the backup.  So I type this "bzip2 -cdk gamesaves.img.bz2 | dd of=/dev/hdc seek=5501 bs=512k" and then I get something along the lines of dd of=/dev/hdc unkown something or another and it won't do it.  I know dd works because backing up the hard drive until it gets to the 2gb limit.  So I know all about unlocking the drive again, so I am able to unlock the drive after each time I access it.  The CD Image I got I downloaded at the direction of someone on irc.  When I was asking about this.    It didn't have bzip2 on the cd and didn't know the command, so I downloaded the binary and put it on the hdd and run it from there.  It's like it knows the bzip command, then doesn't like the dd command, but it knows the dd command on the line by itself, but doesn't like the split command (and don't know where to get that. )  so I'm pulling my hair out.  Anyone know if I can issue the bzip command to unzip the partion image, and then use dd on a line by itself to write it to hdd?  Can anyone tell me the info on how to back this up and where I can get a split binary?  Any help with this would be most appreciated.

Profanity

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2003, 07:52:00 AM »

jester.gif

/Profanity
Pages: 1 2 [3]