xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Not Booting...  (Read 132 times)

mikl

• Archived User
Xbox Not Booting...
« on: April 10, 2003, 09:09:00 AM »

Here s whats going on with my xbox....

http://pages.infinit.net/gta2/xboxlight.wmv

there is no sound in the video, but there is nothing to hear..

I installed a chip (enimah) in my xbox last year, then, i decided to flash my tsop [splitted the bios in 4(i think it was Original+Original+Original+evox2.6)] to be able to change my HD and to connect to live (with a switch). everything was working fine.

.. THen, i put roaller coaster tycoon on the HD, and this game has the new Media check. it was not working, so i decided to flash my tsop [Original+Original+Original+Xecuter2_4976]....something wrong happened here, evolutionx was not able to flash all the tsop.. only the 3/4(768k).

When i try to boot my xbox there is nothing on the screen, and i reinstalled my enigmah, and its not working either..

Is it important what is on the tsop when booting with my enigmah? how the enigmah work?is it a new bios. or its just "patching" the original bios?

Thanks a lot for ur help! (every reply is appreciated)  (sorry for my english, i know i speak french..i hope u understand)

This post has been edited by mikl: Apr 10 2003, 08:42 PM

slizzap

• Archived User
Xbox Not Booting...
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2003, 08:03:00 AM »

If you installed a switch to use the different BIOSes on your TSOP then most likely you forgot to disable the switch before you flashed it again. But since you're not sure what order you put your BIOSes in, I'm not positive on that...definitely something to check into tho. Also, after flashing you'll want to verify both the original and your new BIOS are working properly. If I remember correctly the 4976 is a multi-version BIOS and the original will have a problem booting.

Make sure you're using the newest version of EvolutionX also. There's a known bug with flashing in using version 36xx...I forget the build number. You'll want the newest, I think it's 3752.

mikl

• Archived User
Xbox Not Booting...
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2003, 01:46:00 PM »

I use my webcam to record what my xbox light is doing

http://pages.infinit.net/gta2/xboxlight.wmv

from what i can c, its like if it was booting than restarting 2 time, there is no video signal coming out... and no sound...but i can eject the drive..  ;)

mikl

• Archived User
Xbox Not Booting...
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2003, 03:20:00 PM »

QUOTE (slizzap @ Apr 10 2003, 03:03 PM)
If you installed a switch to use the different BIOSes on your TSOP then most likely you forgot to disable the switch before you flashed it again.

yeah.. i didnt disabled the chip (bios) before flashing the tsop....

nasis x.

• Archived User
Xbox Not Booting...
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2003, 12:17:00 AM »

If you use another modchip that has a full hacked bios,
and not patch like enigmah,
your Xbox will come back in life again...

mikl

• Archived User
Xbox Not Booting...
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2003, 10:01:00 AM »

do u know if a Homebrew modchip could do the job?

because i think it use the same solder point as the enigmah... and will be cheaper than a matrix, or executer..

Thanks