xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Xbox Live Flashed Tsop ?  (Read 177 times)

Xeero

• Archived User
Xbox Live Flashed Tsop ?
« on: April 01, 2003, 04:47:00 AM »

Nope.  XBL looks at the checksum for the entire 1024 bit block.  All 4 banks would need to be retail.  Your best bet is to flash your mod with whatever mod BIOSes you want to use, and flash all 4 banks of the TSOP with the retail BIOS.  When you want to play Live, disable your mod.

methadone_pretty

• Archived User
Xbox Live Flashed Tsop ?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2003, 06:41:00 AM »

i was under the impression it would work - how can XBL check the checksum of the 1024 block when the 1.2 boards are shipped with 256k TSOPS ?

Risc-

• Archived User
Xbox Live Flashed Tsop ?
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2003, 07:26:00 AM »

Yeah, I think the same, and i heard that if the 1st bios (the one that loads if u ground both a18&a19) is original it works ...

MURDERER

• Archived User
Xbox Live Flashed Tsop ?
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2003, 07:26:00 AM »

This is BS, my friends flashed tsop gets on XBOX Live just fine.  I flashed [orig][orig][evox2.6][evox2.6] on his tsop, and used one SPST switch to ground a19.  A flashed TSOP works on Live!

iMURDERER

slizzap

• Archived User
Xbox Live Flashed Tsop ?
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2003, 08:09:00 AM »

Yeah, this is all bullshit. I just emailed Xantium after seeing his post on the main page of Xbox-Scene. Xbox Live works fine with a multi-BIOS flashed TSOP. Leave the retail BIOS in it's original position and use an Evox BIOS in other slots, then wire up a switch to the grounding points listed in the tutorials you'll find on this site so you can switch between the retail and mod BIOSes. I know of at least 6 people that have actively been using Xbox Live for months now, including myself.

Xeero

• Archived User
Xbox Live Flashed Tsop ?
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2003, 08:34:00 AM »

I was referencing XanTium's info, too.  Sorry for all the "bullshit".  Everyone take a breath and relax, for Christ's sake...

AnimeCommander

• Archived User
Xbox Live Flashed Tsop ?
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2003, 08:54:00 AM »

I'd like to point out that just because you are able to get on Live (and not get banned) with a multi-BIOS TSOP doesn't meant that Live doesn't check the entire TSOP. Think of it like this: You go on Live with a mod BIOS, they ban you. You go on Live with the retail BIOS, they let you play. Now ask yourself why they would want to ban you? If I was Live and I saw someone with a multi-BIOS useing my orginal BIOS to access my services, I wouldn't really care what their other BIOSs were. Espically since they can't use they pirated materal, cheats, etc on my orginal BIOS; and there is no way (as of yet) to switch BIOSs with out shutting down the system. So IMO the main reason for people getting banned from Live when they are useing a mod-BIOS is because Live doesn't want them to be able to use all that they can with the mod-BIOS, only what they can with the retail BIOS.

Ubergeek

• Archived User
Xbox Live Flashed Tsop ?
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2003, 09:09:00 AM »

i can assure you from what we've tested so far it checks the entire 1024k

its anyones guess why the results are so sporadic

but I couldnt really give a rats ass about XBL tbh anyway wink.gif

phantazma1

• Archived User
Xbox Live Flashed Tsop ?
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2003, 10:01:00 AM »

QUOTE (AnimeCommander @ Apr 1 2003, 10:54 AM)
I'd like to point out that just because you are able to get on Live (and not get banned) with a multi-BIOS TSOP doesn't meant that Live doesn't check the entire TSOP. Think of it like this: You go on Live with a mod BIOS, they ban you. You go on Live with the retail BIOS, they let you play. Now ask yourself why they would want to ban you? If I was Live and I saw someone with a multi-BIOS useing my orginal BIOS to access my services, I wouldn't really care what their other BIOSs were. Espically since they can't use they pirated materal, cheats, etc on my orginal BIOS; and there is no way (as of yet) to switch BIOSs with out shutting down the system. So IMO the main reason for people getting banned from Live when they are useing a mod-BIOS is because Live doesn't want them to be able to use all that they can with the mod-BIOS, only what they can with the retail BIOS.

i heard that the 1.2 versions come out with a 256k TSOP bank. with that in mind, i would assume that LIVE will only check the 256k bios because the new xbox's don't have 1MB TSOP. i'm sure if LIVE did read the entire bios, it would ban people because of the risk of people someday maybe able to swap bios on LIVE and cheat somehow (although very far fetched). make any sense?

DaOne

• Archived User
Xbox Live Flashed Tsop ?
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2003, 03:34:00 PM »

I constantly hear people saying "Even if you get on Xbox Live with a mutibios today that doesn’t mean that you they cant see that your using a mutibios and bad you later". Guess what guys... Just about all mods out there for the Xbox can be detected. For example just because you flip that little disable switch on your x2 lite doesn’t mean its not still on the LPC buss (is still is connected and powered up). All they have to do is run a simple check of what’s on the LPC buss and your caught. What people need to understand is that as soon as you alter anything in your Xbox you can easily be detected by M$ that you have altered your console. This is a risk you must accept when you start modding. Currently what the care most about is integrity of the network (no cheating or hacking in) and pleasing there software developers by showing effort the ward off pirates. At this time the original bios will work in any bank on the tsop. As long as you boot the original bios bank live will work just fine. I would recommend having a modded bios in the forth bank so relashing is simple. (you don’t have the switch in the wrong position and get a bad flash)

smokeingit

• Archived User
Xbox Live Flashed Tsop ?
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2003, 09:49:00 PM »

I have modded many xbox with all sorts of chips, i own a pro 2 a lite and a flashed TSOP with switch for 2 512k bios. yes i have 3 xbox's. none the less. so Xam was wrong with his info about live and the xbox because i play street fighter with my TSOP flash. now to the point about the LPC points telling MS that there is some alternation on the system. they just cant scan the LPC bus to see what is running, cause they would brich there own contacts in the same area, just like thy cant check whats on your xbox HD. nor can they ever flash your TSOP. because again it would be them damaging your property.. thats right folks you paid for your xbox! yup some laws provent them from doing many things...

neonmod

• Archived User
Xbox Live Flashed Tsop ?
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2003, 12:51:00 PM »

Mutibios works fine on X-live, i use:-  original + e-x2.5 + e-x2.6 + e-x2.6e-f , works fine for me.
Been playing online for ages and don't use any modchip, just use a 4 way dip-switch mounted on the rear of my xbox to move between the 4 bios's. Anyone been banned using this bios config? I've not heard of any!

nexus2

• Archived User
Xbox Live Flashed Tsop ?
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2003, 08:17:00 AM »

You setup will work just fine and is not in danger of being detected by hashing the Bios.  Lets just hope they don't start checking the Harddrive.

wtaag

• Archived User
Xbox Live Flashed Tsop ?
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2003, 10:27:00 PM »

Just so you know... they can still check the entire 1024k bank even tho there are 1.2 consoles out with 256k bios chips.  Think of it this way.  They do a scan for the 1024k block... if it doesnt exist... then it checks for a 256k block.  If that doesnt pass... then you get banned.  You act like that they cannot check for both.  How do you think they check with all the dif builds now?

smokeingit

• Archived User
Xbox Live Flashed Tsop ?
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2003, 11:41:00 PM »

QUOTE (wtaag @ Apr 4 2003, 11:27 PM)
Just so you know... they can still check the entire 1024k bank even tho there are 1.2 consoles out with 256k bios chips.  Think of it this way.  They do a scan for the 1024k block... if it doesnt exist... then it checks for a 256k block.  If that doesnt pass... then you get banned.  You act like that they cannot check for both.  How do you think they check with all the dif builds now?

thats an easy to one to answer... THEY DONT CHECK!
Pages: [1] 2