xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Quick Tsop Flashing Question.  (Read 36 times)

Captain_Dunsel

• Archived User
Quick Tsop Flashing Question.
« on: March 03, 2003, 08:50:00 PM »

Needs to be disabled during the flash.  Of course, once you've flashed the TSOP, you don't need the mod anymore, so you could just permanently disable it...

If you're gonna leave it in the machine, maybe consider adding an enable/disable switch...?

Captain Dunsel

Null

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2003, 09:02:00 PM »

I have the switch, and I just flashed it but i can't get the HDD to work.  First of all I put in an IBM GXP60 40gb HDD and tried booting it with Slayer's Evox disc (2.0) and nothing happened, it just looked like it was loading.  Next I booted with the orignal disc and swapped the hard drives once evox was loaded and the did rebuild upgraded hard drive, which seemed like it worked, but when I restarted it I got error 07, any ideas what's wrong?

Captain_Dunsel

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2003, 06:27:00 AM »

Hmmm... not sure what's going on with your box...

I can't help you with issues around Slayer's install disk... I've heard good things about it but have never used it myself.  Every hard drive upgrade I have done has basically followed Xantium's sample directions (found here) and they've worked flawlessly.

Double-check your cable, disk jumpers, etc and try the procedure linked above and see if you get better results.

Captain Dunsel

Null

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2003, 03:34:00 PM »

could it possibly be a problem that my xbox still has the Enigmah installed, but not on, I tried the tutorial and it didn't work.

Captain_Dunsel

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2003, 03:47:00 PM »

QUOTE (Null @ Mar 4 2003, 06:34 PM)
could it possibly be a problem that my xbox still has the Enigmah installed, but not on.

Nope... my 1.0 box has an Enigmah in it, fully installed but disabled via switch, and I could flash the TSOP, swap harddrives, etc with no problem.  Ditto with other boxes I have modded.

AFAIK Error 07 is a hard drive timeout error.  I know you've probably done this, but make sure that your cable is properly seated
at all connectors, drive is jumpered correctly, no bent pins, etc.  If all of that looks good, and especially if the ORIGINAL XBox hard drive still works OK, try a different replacement drive... maybe your GXP60 is bad, or marginal, or just plain won't work with the XBox for some reason...

Captain Dunsel