xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Frag And Recovery Switch Not Working?  (Read 156 times)

sonic2412

• Archived User
Frag And Recovery Switch Not Working?
« on: July 16, 2008, 08:08:00 PM »

I have a question I was hoping never to have to come across  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I have an XBOX (v1.4 I believe) that has a xenium ice chip.  It's been running for for a few years, and just a few days ago it FRAG'd.

I tried starting it up from both the power switch and the eject button, but same result.  Xenium chip is steady glowing red, and the eject button is fragging.

I took it apart, and looked at the mod chip (it's soldered on, it's been working for 2-3 years so I'm pretty confident the solder job is good).

When I flick the switch on the xenium chip, which from what I understand is the recovery switch, and then turned it back on, it booted right up into the original xbox menu.  I thought with the recovery switch in place it should show you the xenium boot screen?

I'm also not understanding the process I guess..   I need to flick the switch, insert the recovery cd, then start it back up?

The directions I saw weren't clear..  if someone could list out the steps necessary, and explain what the recovery switch is supposed to do (and am I supposed to be seeing the normal M$ boot up screen)?

Thanks very much...   I appreciate the help!!!

-Chris  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

cbagy

• Archived User
Frag And Recovery Switch Not Working?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 09:39:00 PM »

The recovery switch will default to the Xenium factory OS only. Do you have the official updated Xenium OS ? See the recovery switch is misleading really it cant recover something thats not right in the first place only replicate it. If you can get a bootable machine, ftp details installed to the chip, put chosen bios and or Xenium HDD OS update on the Xbox HDD then reflash from there.

Just re - read your post, it frags with recovery off ? Your bootable dash is corrupt , missing , or needs a reconfig.