xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Another Red/green Light Problem  (Read 87 times)

CJLee89

• Archived User
Another Red/green Light Problem
« on: March 15, 2007, 08:28:00 PM »

well ripping the the d0 point would have started the problem. try an actual recovery. get the .iso version of the XOS and recover from a CD. burn on CD, put in tray, turn xbox off. flip the switch on the chip so that the black dot is showing. then cold boot the xbox.

does the xbox work completely stock? no chip, stock HDD.

CJLee89

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 05:24:00 PM »

cold boot is doing what i told you to do. turning the xbox on with a disc already in the tray.

did you set up the chip to boot directly to the bios or did you have to select it from the launch menu manually?

i think you might be screwed since you ripped the d0 but it worked before it fragged. we need to get an FTP connection and try clearing the cache.

CJLee89

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 06:04:00 PM »

then you dont have a default bios set. which means if you set one the xenium automatically boots to your dash.

im thinking you are SOL short of soldering. however there is an alternate d0 connection on the bottom of the mobo still requires soldering.

CJLee89

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 06:43:00 PM »

i dont think hot glue would hurt anything. just a small amount though just to keep it from moving around.

make sure the chip is booting with the black dot covered up with the recovery switch.

CJLee89

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 12:55:00 PM »

let us know how it goes.  smile.gif

EDIT: make sure the glue is just holding it in place in the place and not trying to get connectivity out of it. hot glue is not conductive and will not work for that purpose. you may find out solder is a better solution. either way let us know.