xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Problem With Games  (Read 42 times)

cubbyandmel

• Archived User
Problem With Games
« on: December 11, 2006, 07:12:00 PM »

Gents,
My X-Box has been working fine until today.  I have an older Xenium Osxodus chip with Avalaunch dash.  I cannot play ANY games.  Games go to the boot screen from the dash and, after a few seconds, go back to the dash.  Retail, backed up.... nothing works.  I deleted all the contents of E/Cache and tried to delete the files in the X, Y, and Z folders but there are some that will not delete.  The error is 32.  In the file manager, the F drive says it has an error.  Can anyone help me?

Thanks,
Ryan

CJLee89

• Archived User
Problem With Games
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 07:46:00 PM »

i dont know about avalaunch errors but it might be corruption.

1.)how large is the drive?
2.)only F drive -or- both F and G?
3.) how long have you been using the drive?

cubbyandmel

• Archived User
Problem With Games
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 08:30:00 PM »

Not really sure what the F drive is.  I don't know how big it is.  When I first open the file manager, it says Err: 1005 to the far right of F and when I select F, it switches to Err: 3.  I am not sure what is going wrong.  I watch a lot of movies on my box but have never had any problems with games.

Oops, forgot the rest of your post.  I don't have a G drive.  I have a C, D, E, F, X, Y, and Z.  I have been using my modded box for about 3 and a half years.  Again, I am not really sure what the F drive does so I don't know if I have been using it or not.  This is the first time I have seen this error.

CJLee89

• Archived User
Problem With Games
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 01:31:00 PM »

F drive is where you store all your games and movies. as well as G if you have one. find out how big your HDD is. if it is above 250GB and you only have F drive it is probably corruption. you will have to completely re-format you HDD and start over.

cubbyandmel

• Archived User
Problem With Games
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 07:46:00 AM »

My HDD is the original one that came with the xbox.  Not sure how big those are (like 8 gig or something).  I really don't care to lose anything on the HDD, could I just format it and see what that does?  How do you format the HDD and put everything back on it?  Something else I forgot to mention, DVD movies play fine.  I can wathc them all day long but I just can't play any games.

CJLee89

• Archived User
Problem With Games
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 06:30:00 PM »

you can try to reformat, but im not sure it will fix it. have you made a backup of your MS dash files?

cubbyandmel

• Archived User
Problem With Games
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 11:00:00 PM »

No I haven't.  I do I format the F drive?  That may very well fix the problem since I have never seen the error on the F drive before.

CJLee89

• Archived User
Problem With Games
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2006, 10:54:00 AM »

use this GUIDE to do a clean format. try to back up all of the C drive. if you cant you will have to extract the dash files from slayers or something of sort. you just cant reformat F drive itself.

This post has been edited by CJLee89: Dec 14 2006, 06:54 PM