xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Repairing A Corrupt Eeprom Using Xenium  (Read 74 times)

BigSteel

• Archived User
Repairing A Corrupt Eeprom Using Xenium
« on: December 03, 2006, 10:29:00 AM »

Someone just brought me an xbox that I believe has a corrupt eeprom.  It shows as "invalid" in the Xenium OS and when booting without a chip you get flashing red.  His hard drive is currently locked.  How do I use the Xenium OS to reflash the EEPROM and is there anyway to save the locked HDD?

CJLee89

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 02:54:00 PM »

cannot not reflash with XOS. use the configmagic program (i think that is what it is called)

Rabid1

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 07:08:00 PM »

FTP into the HD and see if you can find a backup of the eeprom.bin on the HD. Use something like config magic to open the file and make sure it is not corrupt and if it opens write down the hd lock code. If the file is not corrupt go into the Xenium OS and use the Restore Eeprom from bin feature. Then try to unlock the HD to see if it worked. If the old eeprom is corrupt or won't work then go to the buy sell trade forum here and purchase a new eeprom edit it with the old hd unlock code. repeat the same process in the Xenium OS.

But you will not be able to unlock his HD without the original code from the old eeprom.bin so you will need another hd. If the new one doesn't work as well then it is possible that the eeprom chip itself is fried and it is time for a new motherboard.

Wa sthe chip in the box to begin with? Have you tried the restore eeprom feature at all?

BigSteel

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 08:09:00 PM »

I can't FTP into the hard drive.  All it shows is the D: drive.  I am going to try and hook up another hard drive and see what happens.  Any other suggestions?

Rabid1

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 06:08:00 PM »

Not really because you didn't answer my questions.

Wa sthe chip in the box to begin with? Have you tried the restore eeprom feature at all?