xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ok Got Bios Ordered Chip But Got One Problem.  (Read 49 times)

antarchy

• Archived User
Ok Got Bios Ordered Chip But Got One Problem.
« on: November 05, 2006, 12:15:00 AM »

So I have done some reading on this got an app that I think is for this but what do I do to the x2config.ini file? I know I put it on my hard drive in the root folder but the note that cam with it said I have to patch it. I guess settings for partition size or something. can anyone help me out with this thanks. Oh and do I have to ftp it to my hard drive or can I copy it from a disk?

proctorbc2005

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 05:34:00 AM »

The config.ini file is just a refrence for your X2_5035 (or older) BIOS. What it does is let you selects diffrent colors for the Start up Flubber Animation, adjust fan speeds, select dashboard boot priority, stuff like that. If you wish to edit your config.ini file download the pc based application X2 Config maker. It can be Downloaded from the tools section on this web site. (Xboxscene.com/tools/orgional Xbox/BIOS tools)

Files can be add thru a disk, but is is much easier, and cheaper to FTP files. Here is a great networking tutorial that will have your Xbox connect to your PC in no time. http://www.chefelf.com/xbox/networking.php

antarchy

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 10:50:00 PM »

Thanks for the help. What kind of transfer speeds can you get? would it take forever to ftp a game from computer to xbox?

proctorbc2005

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 08:47:00 AM »

Transfer speed depend on program you are using, an what type of cables you have. I use Cat 6 Lan Cable, with Flash FXP, and I get 10-13mps (average) connection speeds. Most games take about 5-10 mins to transfer from Xbox to PC or reverse. It just depends on how large the game is, and how many files the game has.