xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Help Flashing Xenium Gold Chip  (Read 196 times)

faceless041974

• Archived User
Help Flashing Xenium Gold Chip
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2006, 11:00:00 AM »

The spiceguide doesnt show anything about setting up the partitions.  I now see all the files on the different folders on my XBox.  Is there a way of looking to see if they set up the drives correctly?

Rabid1

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2006, 08:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(faceless041974 @ Sep 23 2006, 06:00 PM) View Post

The spiceguide doesnt show anything about setting up the partitions.  I now see all the files on the different folders on my XBox.  Is there a way of looking to see if they set up the drives correctly?

Yes it does, but that is not what I said. Theis is what I said:
"You have to download EVtool and edit the bios to show Partition 6 takes up to 137GB/ Partition 7 takes rest (this is the option for F and G drive) . then flash the bio. If you get the SPiceguide from teamxodus.com it contains a tutorial for using Evtool and there is also a tut for it in the General Discussion forrum

When you FTP in do you see an F: or an F: and G:?

What was the full name of the bios you flashed?

Also with a 500g drive you need to use xbpatitioner to set the partitions with 32k clusters instead of the default 16k clusters. If you only show an F: you can install it like an app on C: then rebuild f: before you start savong data on it. The same if you are showing a G:.

Fatx has a partition limit of 256g changing the cluster will up it to 512g.

faceless041974

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2006, 08:57:00 AM »

I didnt see anything in spiceguide referring to the partitions but anyways.  Right now in Flash FXP Im showing C,E,F,X,Y, &Z.  The bios IM using is M8plus_16.bin.

faceless041974

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2006, 09:32:00 AM »

Is there a guide anywhere for evtool?  I have it but dont know how to use it.  I loaded the bios but everything is greyed out.  Please dont send me to the spiceguide because the partition info is not there.  If you know where all the information I need is could you please send me links to it so we can quit going back and forth?

faceless041974

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2006, 07:10:00 PM »

Anyone???

CJLee89

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2006, 07:36:00 PM »

move to Newbie Chat. oh wait....he already cross posted. you need to get your hands dirty. go in there and work with it. thats really the only way your are going to get things done.

faceless041974

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2006, 10:45:00 AM »

Hard to work with it if I dont know what to do.  I just dont want to fuck it up.  Thats why I sent it out for modding but they fucked me over by not finishing it.  Sorry I know everyone is trying to help Im just frustrated.

CJLee89

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2006, 01:57:00 PM »

there is ways to fix everything. you not going to destroy your xbox with a bios. when i modded my xbox i accidently erased my whole HDD. and i had no back-up. i had to find a way to fix it. and no there is not a guide on EVTOOL that i know of. and i dont know how to use it.

This post has been edited by CJLee89: Sep 28 2006, 08:58 PM

Rabid1

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2006, 02:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(CJLee89 @ Sep 28 2006, 08:57 PM) View Post

there is ways to fix everything. you not going to destroy your xbox with a bios. when i modded my xbox i accidently erased my whole HDD. and i had no back-up. i had to find a way to fix it. and no there is not a guide on EVTOOL that i know of. and i dont know how to use it.

QUOTE(Rabid1 @ Sep 23 and 24 2006, 05:44 PM) View Post

You have to download EVtool and edit the bios to show Partition 6 takes up to 137GB/ Partition 7 takes rest (this is the option for F and G drive) . then flash the bio. If you get the SPiceguide from teamxodus.com it contains a tutorial for using Evtool and there is also a tut for it in the General Discussion forrum.

Not to be redundant, or to repeat myself  laugh.gif

CJLee89

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2006, 02:48:00 PM »

my bad....im a little tired and out of it right now. see all you have to do is read and im not good at that. apparently neither is faceless.
Pages: 1 [2]