xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Help Flashing Xenium Gold Chip  (Read 197 times)

faceless041974

• Archived User
Help Flashing Xenium Gold Chip
« on: September 22, 2006, 04:35:00 PM »

OK so I just got my XBox back from american Xbox mods.  I do not recommend these guys.  But that is another story.  I guess I have to flash my Xenium Gold chip because they didnt do it.  I have no idea how to do this or where to find the correct bios to flash it with.  Could someone please help me?

commandersafi

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 05:19:00 PM »

Get the bios off xbins ( i recommend X2 bios). here is the tut on how to get into xbins. Then turn on the xbox and transfer the bios into C:\Bios. Then launch the Xenium OS menu should come up, then you click on Launch Menu. After that select add launch item and something will come up saying "Where would you like to launch this item from" and you select flash. Then navigate to the place where you put your bios, What the name of them are, and finally the led color.

Hope that helps  biggrin.gif

faceless041974

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 06:07:00 PM »

Thanks for the info.  Whats the story with the LED's.  Do I have to know a color or order?  Do I have to open the XBox?

commandersafi

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 06:21:00 PM »

no its just what color you want the led on the chip to be when you use that bios

This post has been edited by commandersafi: Sep 23 2006, 01:22 AM

faceless041974

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 06:27:00 PM »

OK I have the XOS2.3.1 HDD Bios.  There are two folders inside one called recovery the other one is restore factory default.  Which one do I FTP over?  Or do I do both and flash with the recovery file and if it messes up then use the restore factory default?

faceless041974

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 06:47:00 PM »

Now I think Ive found another problem.  I had a 500 gig drive installed.  The following drive letters show up in Flash FXP, C,D,E,F,X,Y, & Z.  All of which have a size of 0.  Ive unlocked and locked the drive to check and both ways still show 0 for all folders.  Am I doing something wrong?

CJLee89

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 08:51:00 PM »

for the first question: the XOS 2.3.1 is not a bios, its the chips operating system. and just FTP over the X2 bios to your C: drive. it doesnt have to be in any special folder.

And for your 500 GB HDD. did you format it correctly? and how did you format it? Also check that you have patched your bios for LBA48.

also check out this complete guide. this answers most of your questions.

This post has been edited by CJLee89: Sep 23 2006, 03:53 AM

Rabid1

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2006, 08:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(commandersafi @ Sep 23 2006, 01:21 AM) View Post

no its just what color you want the led on the chip to be when you use that bios

Those are not bios those are the OS. Follow the instructions above and get a bios. If your Xbox is a 1.0 through 1.4 I suggest X2.4983, no muss no fuss, very simple. For a 1.6 I suggest X2.5053, a little learnig curve to install but great bios. Look On TeamXodus for the S.P.Iceguide for info if you need help with the actual flashing, hopefully by the end of the weekend we will have it in HTML onl;ine.

How did you prep your drive? For a drive that big you would have to use a F: and G: partition and make sure your bios is edited accordingly

faceless041974

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2006, 09:24:00 PM »

As far as how the drive is set up I have no idea as I didnt install it.  I sent it to AmericanXboxMdochips.com.  They did all my mods.  It seems like it is set up right.  I found the bios on the iceguide instructions.  I flashed the chip and got the evox logo when I boot the bios but it wont load evox-x dashboard.  I dont know how to fix that.  So I need to know how to get the dash to load and I also dont know why none of the files are visible on Flash FXP.  When I click on C which is where the bios and dash are stored nothing shows.  Any ideas on these matters?

CJLee89

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2006, 10:00:00 PM »

the X2 has a .ini config file you need to edit to your likings and transfer to your E: drive. it should come along with the bios. is opens in notepad to edit. it has your xbox P/E LED color, the blob/logo color, and what dashboard to boot first, second and so on. and some general settings.

u will also have to put a dashboard on your hdd as well as its .ini config file configured to your liking. if you are going to use Evox as a dash both .xbe and .ini files go on the C: drive. im not sure on other dashes.

and for your HDD re-format with G: and F: drives.

in FlashFXP go into setting and turn off passive mode.

This post has been edited by CJLee89: Sep 23 2006, 05:02 AM

Rabid1

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2006, 11:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(faceless041974 @ Sep 23 2006, 04:24 AM) View Post

As far as how the drive is set up I have no idea as I didnt install it.  I sent it to AmericanXboxMdochips.com.  They did all my mods.  It seems like it is set up right.  I found the bios on the iceguide instructions.  I flashed the chip and got the evox logo when I boot the bios but it wont load evox-x dashboard.  I dont know how to fix that.  So I need to know how to get the dash to load and I also dont know why none of the files are visible on Flash FXP.  When I click on C which is where the bios and dash are stored nothing shows.  Any ideas on these matters?

OK for Flashfxp, go into the site manager and turn off show hidden files, make sure it is not highlighted or checked, that should fix that.

Did they say the drive came with files or did you copy the files yourself for the Evox dash.

Don't worry about the X2 5035 and ini file yet, let's just get you up and running. Did the bios file you used have  an 06 or 67 in the name? What you are going to want is a bios that supprts F: and G: or partitions 6 and 7. IF you dont us one you will not be able to use the 500g.

faceless041974

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2006, 08:38:00 AM »

Ok Im using the Evolution X M8Plus Bios.  As that was what the iceguide said to use.  The drive didnt come with any dash files.  I got the dash files from XBins.  I edited the ini files as the iceguide stated.  Passive mode is off in Flash FXP and I checked and unchecked the show hidden files and there is still no files showing on any of the folders.

CJLee89

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2006, 08:54:00 AM »

is sounds like your HDD is not formatted but then the drives wouldnt show up if it wasnt. make sure your bios is patched for LBA48. (for drives larger than 137GB)

This post has been edited by CJLee89: Sep 23 2006, 03:55 PM

faceless041974

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2006, 09:19:00 AM »

Ok I finally got the Evol Dash up and running.  I have no idea how to set the bios for the 500 gig HD.  I also tried to transfer DVD2XBox and it doesnt show up under the apps.  What drive do I need to put the apps/games on?  Right now the bios and dash are on C.

Rabid1

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2006, 10:44:00 AM »

You have to download EVtool and edit the bios to show Partition 6 takes up to 137GB/ Partition 7 takes rest (this is the option for F and G drive) . then flash the bio. If you get the SPiceguide from teamxodus.com it contains a tutorial for using Evtool and there is also a tut for it in the General Discussion forrum. Before we go any further with the apps let's get that far.

A simpler way to get this done would be to download AID3, Autoinstaller Deluxe 3. You can flash the bios you need directly from the disc once you burn it, launch the disc and it will set you up with all the dash and apps you need.

Try setting up the FTP in the Evox dash and see if you can see the files. Or download Flashfxp, it's free and doesn't have this issue.
Pages: [1] 2