xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: New Drive Problems W/ Xbmc  (Read 34 times)

JonBOY

• Archived User
New Drive Problems W/ Xbmc
« on: April 26, 2006, 10:13:00 PM »

sounds like its just a case of a non-compatible harddrive. When you put the box back together, did you set the HDD back to cable select?

I'd probably just invest teg cash in a new one, but be sure to check the model number of the dive you're considering with this site first.

http://xboxdrives.x-pec.com/

JonBOY

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 07:54:00 PM »

looking at your sig I see you running a v1.6 box. These boxes require the white SP adapter witht the LEDs that your referring to. For a successful SP adpater install, all five LEDs on the adapter should light up when the chip is not installed. Then once the chip is installed the light second from the end (LED 2) show no longer light up. Is this the LED you're referring? If you want you could remove your chip, power on and see if it works.

As to your drive selection, the seagate one you're talking about looks good. for a 200 gig drive, you're quite safe running only an F partition as the F partition wont be larger then 237 gigs (greater then 237 gig = prone to FatX corruption). If it was going to be larger then 237 you'd want to run F plus a G partition (F gets 137 gig, G gets the rest).

Goodluck with the seagate drive, I hope it works better for you.

JonBOY

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 12:59:00 AM »

that's lucky everything works fine then cause yeah it sounds like a problem with the actual adapter. Fortunately the bad LED hasn't prevented it from working. But yeah if you have dramas with the seagate drive then a replacement SP adpater would be a good idea, probably wont make any difference but just to rule it out.