xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Need Some Help  (Read 48 times)

jam013200

• Archived User
Need Some Help
« on: December 14, 2005, 05:41:00 PM »

Is the xbox plugged into a surge protector? Could have been a voltage spike or something and it "zapped" the chip?

Can you flip the recovery switch to see if it will let you into recovery mode? Corrupt bios???

Just my thoughts.......

jam013200

• Archived User
Need Some Help
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 07:31:00 AM »

If it says HALT the chip is looking for a bios.bin file....can you still activate the chip OS by pressing the eject button?

Can you re-flash the chip OS from recovery mode? I don't know about this.

If you can get to the menu you can FTP to the HD and load up your bios.bin file to C or E....I can't remember than unlock you HD and try recovery again.

You could try buring the bios.bin file you were using to a disc (DVD or CD-RW) with some filler (100-200mb dummy files) and see if you can "re-flash" the bios.

Maybe this will help maybe not.....

Since you tried in another box with the same problems it very well could be the chip but since it worked one day and than not the next it seems a little strange.

jam013200

• Archived User
Need Some Help
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 11:20:00 AM »

You could try buring the bios.bin file you were using to a disc (DVD or CD-RW) with some filler (100-200mb dummy files) and see if you can "re-flash" the bios by using the "recovery switch".

If it says HALT then:

1) Media is not read....try different media
2) Bios incorrect.

jam013200

• Archived User
Need Some Help
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2005, 03:32:00 PM »

Something like that yes...be sure the media can be read by the xbox dvd drive. I use DVD-R for something like this.

jam013200

• Archived User
Need Some Help
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2005, 06:09:00 PM »

Can you at least boot the stock dashboard?

TheIrishLad

• Archived User
Need Some Help
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2005, 10:50:00 AM »

I accidentally touched my power supply with the LED thing attached to my Xenium when I was first installing it.  It made a huge BANG and power supply busted, maybe your PS is dead also?  Their cheap to replace.