xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Spice Install Question  (Read 32 times)

jam013200

• Archived User
Spice Install Question
« on: December 14, 2005, 07:29:00 AM »

I am assuming you have a v1.6 box and the SP adapter?

The little gold wires are suppose the fit down "through" the holes, when you push the wire in you should feel it go though the hole. It is a b**ch sometimes so be patient. I have had to take a small needle and "clean" the holes out before.

When installing follow the "ICEGUIDE" it gives you steps on the install as well as how to check you progress. I believe for the SP adapter you can install it first and and turn on the box and make sure the 5 Red LED's come on. When the are all on you can turn your box back off and install the chip. Now you should have only 4 Red LED's on the SP adapter lit and I believe the chip should light up green(??).

It sounds like you had it correct before but may have not had the wires secure in the holes when you re-assembled your box. I had that happen to me before, now I don not re-assemble until I am absolutly done. Also after you install the chip...bang/shake the box to see if the chip is on there securely.

Double check your box version to make sure you are using the right solderless adapter.