xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Need Advice On Xenium Sp Ice, Xbox 1.0  (Read 50 times)

waynepen

• Archived User
Need Advice On Xenium Sp Ice, Xbox 1.0
« on: March 16, 2006, 01:02:00 PM »

Hi Everyone:

Finally I receive my replacement. It's been 3 months. If you wounder why it took so long, all i can say is i don't know either. But one thing I can suggest everyone, do not order stuff from CONSOLESOURCE.COM. They have the poorest customer service i have ever seen.

ok, back to the topic. I receive my replace shipment last night and i was so anxious to put the chip in cause i don't know how long i'll have to wait if this one is not working. i put it in----- yeah~~ it is working biggrin.gif

last word, I want to tell anyone that has problem installing the chip. After you do your homework and try so many times and it's still not working. contect your seller and change another one. good luck!!

by the way, for those who keep telling people to allign the solderless, resolder pinheader or reconnect d0. Please make some better suggestion, cause these suggestion appear on almost everybody that have problem installing. cause i have post on two different fourms and i waste so much time on these suggestions(I feel like an idot listen to it). As i mentioned that my pingheader and d0 was install by Pro(real one, not the one in vedio game store), and there are people question about their proffesional and telling me keep trying grr.gif

Good luck to everyone installing the chip.

JonBOY

• Archived User
Need Advice On Xenium Sp Ice, Xbox 1.0
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 11:29:00 PM »

I would have told you to burn a recovery disc for your Xenium OS. You said you "try both regular and recovery mode", but if this was a fresh chip install, which it sounds like it was, you wouldn't have had a recovery.bin on the harddrive to recover from. Hence the need for a recovery disc. You say you 'burn a bios disc', but that doesn't mean you burnt a Xeium OS recovery disc. No wonder it didn't work.