xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xenium Sp Ice Install Success  (Read 36 times)

lamrith

• Archived User
Xenium Sp Ice Install Success
« on: September 04, 2005, 03:01:00 PM »

Well I just did my 1st solderless install and the 1st v1.6box mod.  I have always had my friends find a pre Oct'03 box so I could do an XBIT install as they have all worked very well for me and are a quick install.

An old buddy got a Xenium SP Ice kit for his new Xbox 1.6 or 1.6b

The install took MUCH longer than my usual XBIT installs, but that is just because it was so different that I had to relearn how to set everything up.  I LIKE THE XENIUM SETUP!!

He had lost parts form his kit, but the hardware store fixed that, then once I had everything I got the chip installed quickly, then the xenium was RED.  I had to jump on the net and search a bit then stumbled on a thread about the onboard switch.  Flipped that and bingo she worked.  Then took a while for me to figure out about flashing the bios from the HDD, it is just SOOO different!!!  I like that the chip itself sets up FTP so even if you HDD is shot you can get into it and try to fix it..

The HDD cloning is awesome too!!!  Saves ALLOT of time versus my old method of copying to PC setting up then copy back after booting via A CD!!

I still have a bit to learn, I want to set-up the chip to boot straight to M8 rather than Xenium dash, but I am sure I can figure that out..

ANYWAY, anyone looking, this is a great chip.  ORder one, do research while it ships.  There are a few good install PDF's out there which realy help.