xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Problem With Game, Need Help, Thanks  (Read 51 times)

t0kane

• Archived User
Problem With Game, Need Help, Thanks
« on: May 10, 2005, 08:05:00 AM »

Hey guys, I wasn't sure where to post this question but as I have a Xenium Ice I decidied this was the place.

Ok, I have recently reflashed my BIOS to x2 5031, so i can now choose in the OS which one to boot up with, since I reflashed I've been playing GTA III with no problems at all on both BIOSs. Yesterday someone suggested deleting the cache in e:\ to get forza to work (I get a dirty disc error on my box), doing this made no difference to forza, but now when I try to play GTA III it hangs on the loading screen and the blue bar at the bottom gets to the same place everytime and freezes (just over 50%). I reburned the game and the same thing happens at the exact same place on the loading bar. Could this problem be caused by deleting the cache?, I was under the impression that it couldn't, but this is the ONLY change I made between the game working and not working.

Could anyone suggest some things to try? the game has worked perfectly fine up untill now and this problem has got me baffled. Maybe cleaning the lens of the DVD drive might help?

Thanks for any help received, it is much appreciated.
t0kane