xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Using Sp.ice Solderless Adapter On V1.3  (Read 109 times)

appleguru

• Archived User
Using Sp.ice Solderless Adapter On V1.3
« on: March 16, 2005, 09:58:00 PM »

wink.gif Try gently sanding the spring wire and inserting it into the d0 hole again. Also, be sure you have the correct d0 point wink.gif

acemilo

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 11:24:00 PM »

Yep its the d0.  BTW if you don't have a multimeter, you can use the game operation, no seriously you can.  If his nose lights up you have continuity.  It is easier with a multimeter tho.

appleguru

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 02:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(automag928 @ Mar 17 2005, 08:18 AM)
Ok you guys were right...it was d0....i held it down with a little pressure, and sure enough, booted up straight to xenium screen, and green led on chip.  Now, the hot glue isnt staying stuck to the motherboard...any suggestions? smile.gif

Gumba

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2005, 06:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(automag928 @ Mar 18 2005, 12:18 AM)
Ok you guys were right...it was d0....i held it down with a little pressure, and sure enough, booted up straight to xenium screen, and green led on chip.  Now, the hot glue isnt staying stuck to the motherboard...any suggestions? smile.gif

appleguru

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2005, 07:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(Gumba @ Mar 17 2005, 07:28 PM)
Try rebending the springwire a bit to put some more pressure on the d0 point

acemilo

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2005, 11:10:00 PM »

Ditch the adapter, solder in the pin header and wham, no more problems.  If you won't solder the pin header in, there is nothing else we can do but tell you to keep trying to allign it.

acemilo

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2005, 03:48:00 PM »

Simple, burn the recovery.bin file (can be found on teamxodus.com since its legal) to a cdrw/dvdr/w and bott to it.  I found the premade iso never works for me, it always fails when burning, so I suggest downloading the hdd version, extract the recovery.bin file and put it on a cdrw/dvdr/w and add a dummy file to push the data out.  Put that disc in with the recovery switch on and it will update it (you will see the chip light up all kinds of colors and turn off on its own.  Once thats done just flip the switch back and power on.

automag928

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2005, 09:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(acemilo @ Mar 18 2005, 10:54 PM)
Simple, burn the recovery.bin file (can be found on teamxodus.com since its legal) to a cdrw/dvdr/w and bott to it.  I found the premade iso never works for me, it always fails when burning, so I suggest downloading the hdd version, extract the recovery.bin file and put it on a cdrw/dvdr/w and add a dummy file to push the data out.  Put that disc in with the recovery switch on and it will update it (you will see the chip light up all kinds of colors and turn off on its own.  Once thats done just flip the switch back and power on.

thebroken

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2005, 02:43:00 PM »

congrats on a successful install

thebroken