xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: A Refreshing Change In Today's Update  (Read 113 times)

Vayate

• Archived User
A Refreshing Change In Today's Update
« on: February 14, 2005, 08:45:00 PM »

Having purchased a Xenium as my first Xbox chip, I was very pleased with the reliability and ease of use it provided. The product was clearly worth the considerable investment required, solderless installation was fast, and to this day I have no complaints about my ourchase. That said, I was about to make my next chip an Xecuter 3. Why? Honestly, I found Team Xodus's announcements on Xbox-Scene's home page to be a bit cocky for my tastes. While I loved the products, I wasn't sure if I wanted to purchase them from people who would so overtly bash Team Xecuter -- people who have been integral to the development of the mod scene and deserve every bit of the respect given to them --  as well as everyone who uses their products. With the news of the SP's release, I found a return to professional announcements that didn't make it look like someone was trying too hard to take over the market. It has renewed my confidence in the integrity of Team Xodus, and I would like to thank them for remembering that competition between businesses need not be entirely unfriendly.

Artifex

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2005, 02:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(thebroken @ Feb 15 2005, 04:48 AM)
meh i dont like smart asses and team xodus can be one but all i have to say is god do i hope it works so the forums wont be flooded

acemilo

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2005, 02:30:00 PM »

LMAO like the original adapter was "rock solid"?  If thats the case then why are these boards flooded with posts about it and why is there a need for the paper trick?  And on a side note, its still messed up how you never fixed my problem with the 1.6 and the eeprom that was supposed to be fixed with an os release.  Anyway thats my rant for the day.  I'm sure within the first day or two of ppl getting their hands on these that we will see the boards be flooded with posts about "just installed my solderless 1.6 and its flashing red and green, please help!".

mrjkwik

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2005, 03:08:00 PM »

guess i'm with artifex as i'll wait and see.  

as far as the forums are concerned, "other" users will be coming here to bash the product whether it works or nots.

and for the "flashing red/green" people, thats seen with solderless, soldered, ect.  just a matter of how much is user error, how much is product error, which all goes back to the "wait and see" philosophy.

Artifex

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2005, 04:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(acemilo @ Feb 15 2005, 09:36 PM)
LMAO like the original adapter was "rock solid"?  If thats the case then why are these boards flooded with posts about it and why is there a need for the paper trick?  And on a side note, its still messed up how you never fixed my problem with the 1.6 and the eeprom that was supposed to be fixed with an os release.  Anyway thats my rant for the day.  I'm sure within the first day or two of ppl getting their hands on these that we will see the boards be flooded with posts about "just installed my solderless 1.6 and its flashing red and green, please help!".

acemilo

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2005, 04:58:00 PM »

Like 3 months I was contacting you on irc where a customer played with the ntsc settings and change it to ntsc-j and there was no image on the screen and I couldn't repair it.  Then you said you had "test boxes" with a similar problem, but you still never got back to me.  Coincidentally he had to buy another xbox and I modded it with the same chip.  You kept telling me the os didn't flash right, but it did.  It doesn't matter, its done with (and I got paid twice for it), but I knew I wasn't doing anything wrong.  Anyway, thats over, its not like I'd not buy xeniums anymore, the chip works fine, the support is horrible tho.

Artifex

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2005, 10:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(acemilo @ Feb 16 2005, 12:04 AM)
Like 3 months I was contacting you on irc where a customer played with the ntsc settings and change it to ntsc-j and there was no image on the screen and I couldn't repair it.  Then you said you had "test boxes" with a similar problem, but you still never got back to me.  Coincidentally he had to buy another xbox and I modded it with the same chip.  You kept telling me the os didn't flash right, but it did.  It doesn't matter, its done with (and I got paid twice for it), but I knew I wasn't doing anything wrong.  Anyway, thats over, its not like I'd not buy xeniums anymore, the chip works fine, the support is horrible tho.

appleguru

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2005, 10:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(thebroken @ Feb 15 2005, 10:37 PM)
i shouldnt of bashed it till i tried it sorry will it work with the x3?