xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Problems W/ New Os?  (Read 111 times)

anticrap1234

• Archived User
Problems W/ New Os?
« on: December 30, 2004, 09:32:00 AM »

flash w/ haked bios and format using slayers evox auto installer 2.6. If u are doing this for a cutomer and dont want to put it on after install delete bios and ftp into the hdd w/ xos ftp client then delete evox

also flash w/ lba48 bios for big hdd over 137gb
(lba48)-just a guess on what its called

MitHriDate

• Archived User
Problems W/ New Os?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2004, 09:38:00 AM »

I can't get it to boot to the slayer disk w/ the big hdd in.  I am going to reburn the slayer disc and try again, but I've never had problems with this disc before, so I'm not sure if thats the problem.

When I try to boot with the slayer disc i get an error 21.

clouzot

• Archived User
Problems W/ New Os?
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2004, 09:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(MitHriDate @ Dec 30 2004, 05:29 PM)
I modded 2 1.0's last night.  I put an Xenium Ice in both xbox's.  One xbox got a 120 GB seagate and the other got a 300 gb seagate.  The xbox w/ the 300 gb seagate has OS 2.2.1 and the other has 2.0.1.

MitHriDate

• Archived User
Problems W/ New Os?
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2004, 09:45:00 AM »

Yes - even if I wasn't I should be able to format the drive from the OS, which I am not.

clouzot

• Archived User
Problems W/ New Os?
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2004, 09:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(MitHriDate @ Dec 30 2004, 06:16 PM)
Yes - even if I wasn't I should be able to format the drive from the OS, which I am not.

MitHriDate

• Archived User
Problems W/ New Os?
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2004, 09:52:00 AM »

Yeah thats what I was thinking would be my next step.  I'm at work right now, but I'll let you know when I get to it later tonight.  Thanks for the quick responses!

MitHriDate

• Archived User
Problems W/ New Os?
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2004, 10:03:00 AM »

Friends at my house and tried flashing old OS on there.  Still does not work.... I'm really confused because it works with the old hard drive and the new hard drive works in the other xbox.  So what the hell could the problem be....

clouzot

• Archived User
Problems W/ New Os?
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2004, 10:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(MitHriDate @ Dec 30 2004, 06:34 PM)
Friends at my house and tried flashing old OS on there.  Still does not work.... I'm really confused because it works with the old hard drive and the new hard drive works in the other xbox.  So what the hell could the problem be....

cap269

• Archived User
Problems W/ New Os?
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2004, 01:16:00 PM »

The problem, I think, is in this statement:
The xbox w/ 2.2.1 and the 300 gb does not work w/ the big hard drive in. The OS will boot, but none of the drive features work. I can not unlock the drive, or format any of the partitions. The drive upgrade wizard fails.

How did this drive get locked? You will not be able to format it, or do anything with it for that matter, until it is unlocked.

Ahh...
PS.  I put some BIOS files on the 300 gb drive when it was attached to the working xbox.  When I tried to add a launch item on the non-working xbox the screen where you select the files was completely blank - it could not read the hard drive...

You must have locked the drive on the 1st box ... put it back in there, unlock it, then move it to the 2nd box. Problem solved.

cap269

• Archived User
Problems W/ New Os?
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2004, 08:44:00 PM »

Did you even read my post?

UNLOCK THE HARD DRIVES!!!!

An XBOX can only unlock a drive if IT locked it. If you lock a hard drive on Xbox A and then put it on Xbox B, you will get Error 06.

Go to Xenium OS, Disk Tools, Unlock Hard Drive. Both of them. Put the hard drive you want into each one, then lock them on their respective Xboxes.  No more problems.

clouzot

• Archived User
Problems W/ New Os?
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2004, 10:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(MitHriDate @ Dec 31 2004, 06:17 AM)
Both the hard drives are and always have been locked with the exception of when I was formatting them.  The hard drive being locked / unlocked is NOT the problem.  The xbox can not unlock the HDD because it can not ACCESS it. 

cap269

• Archived User
Problems W/ New Os?
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2004, 02:48:00 AM »

How do I make this simple??
The hard drive being locked / unlocked is NOT the problem

That absolutely IS the problem!

A hard drive can only be unlocked on the XBOX that locked it. If you locked the drive on XBOX A and then move it to XBOX B, you will get the 06 error every time!

Consider this. If XBOX B can read its original stock drive, and XBOX A can access BOTH of the new drives, then there is NO PROBLEM with any of your hardware or drives.  I'm trying to say this in a nice way... it's your error not the hardware's.

Just try this for me...  Put the 300GB drive on XBOX A. Unlock it. Take it off of XBOX A and put it on XBOX B. Lock it on XBOX B. It will now work. I guarantee it.

MitHriDate

• Archived User
Problems W/ New Os?
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2004, 07:45:00 AM »

You guys were right.  Sorry for being a jerk, just frustrated.  Xbox b is functioning!