xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Xenium Os 2 Public Beta 2  (Read 148 times)

Gimplar

• Archived User
Xenium Os 2 Public Beta 2
« on: August 24, 2004, 04:58:00 PM »

Chip: Xenium ICE
X-box version: 1.6
Chip install method: LPC rebuild and LPFRAME to d0 pad connect using bottom LFRAME. Pinheader installation.

OS on the chip: Xenium OS2 beta 1 I believe (or whatever comes pre-flashed on the chips).

HDD method: Copied recovery.bin to E:\ soft recovered using the OS2b1 menu. Blue screen and reboot. X-box resets twice and then flashes orange. Eventually settles on a solid red after a minute or so.

HDD method: This time I opened up the x-box and used the switch to toggle the recovery mode. Same thing happens.

CD-R method: I burn the recovery.iso to a TDK CD-R media using Nero. Check on the disk and there is a dummy.bin and recovery.bin, looks good so far. Put it in the X-box. Soft recovery from OS2b1 menu. Same problem.

CD-R method using switch to toggle recovery. Same problem.

Deleted recovery.bin from E:\ and tried both soft and hard recover. Nothing.
Put recovery.bin on C:\ tried both hard and soft recover. Nothing.

KneeGrowZ

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2004, 10:05:00 PM »

I tried the Xenium OS 2 and it made my screen go blank.  Whenever my Xbox boots with either reset or power it goes to a black screen.  Please help.  I upgraded via transfereing to my E drive and doing recovery, now i get a black screen.

KneeGrowZ

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2004, 10:32:00 PM »

i used the recovery feature on the chip by switching the switch and it fixed itself, now everything is fine.

Gimplar

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2004, 11:16:00 PM »

Burned (accidently) the beta 1 OS2.0 to disc (.iso). Swapped out my toshiba 2004 DVD-ROM with an old (2002/2003) Samsung DVD-ROM and tried to recover that way. It worked...but unfortunately I now have a beta 1 on my modchip. Tried recovering to the beta 2..but no luck..

****UPDATE****
Finally got it to work.

Reburned the OS2.0b2 using my girlfriend's desktop (liteon CD-burner) on TDK media. Still unsure if the DVD-ROM has any part in anything...

but aparently if you try to recover to the same OS, your X-box will just sit there forever..blinking orange.

If it can't read the media, it seems it'll blink orange for a while and finally go red.

Blinking orange = seems like it's looking for something on DVD-ROM.
solid red = gave up looking, system startup failure?

shuura

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2004, 07:40:00 AM »

I have the same problems as Gimplar with the upgrade. It just won't take no matter which method or media used.

ncaissie

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2004, 11:23:00 AM »

try downgrading to OS1.1 then to Beta 2

just a thought  uhh.gif

Gimplar

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2004, 12:00:00 PM »

It could be your CD ROM drive you're using to write.

I burned a copy of the upgrade on my laptop using TDK media. It didn't work.

Burned another copy using a liteon on my GF's computer using TDK media. Worked fine.

Also make sure you have the right recovery.bin upgrade version.

If you have OS2 beta 1 and you accidently burn the OS2 beta 1 recovery.bin to the CD..it will appear as though the chip isn't upgrading. It'll just flash and go nuts and eventually just settle into an orange-eject-light state.

If you did everything right your X-box should act like it's almost fragging..your Xenium ICE(or whatever) will start going through all the LED colors and eventually your X-box will just turn off. This means it has successfully upgraded.

jgellingson

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2004, 11:17:00 PM »

I'm a n00b to this so sorry if this is very basic. I tried to upgrade to the new beta 2 OS using the HDD method on my v1.6. I go to the recovery icon and select it. The eject led flashes orange for a bit the goes solid red. I don't have access to a burner so is there another way i can do this or can someone explain to me if i'm actually doing this correctly.

Thanks for any replys  

ncaissie

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2004, 03:58:00 AM »

that means frag.
I had the same problem. I didn't try the CD method because it's to much of a pain.
I had to use another xbox to upgrade the chip.

I think it is a problem with th recovery mode and the 1.6s.

moving the switch fragged the xbox and selecting it in the menu rebooted it.

If you have a friend with an xbox you should use it to upgrade the OS.

Freh

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2004, 05:14:00 AM »

Xbox 1.0
Xenium Ice on solderless.

Flashed to os2 beta 2 via harddrive, no problems atall.  After  flashing console shut itself off and on the reboot i got the blue screen menu.

Backed up eeprom, added retail kernel and my  m8. Everything works great so far.

ncaissie

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2004, 06:16:00 AM »

QUOTE (Fre§h @ Sep 2 2004, 01:17 PM)
Xbox 1.0
Xenium Ice on solderless.

Flashed to os2 beta 2 via harddrive, no problems atall.  After  flashing console shut itself off and on the reboot i got the blue screen menu.

Backed up eeprom, added retail kernel and my  m8. Everything works great so far.

Thats fine.
We are talking about the 1.6s

2K2CamaroSS

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2004, 08:32:00 AM »

Only glitch I've experienced with OS2beta2 is if you have the DVD tray open and then select the "power off" it doesn't close the DVD tray.

Xbox 1.0
Philips DVD
previous OS was Xenium V1.1
used HDD recovery.bin

Vejita

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2004, 01:03:00 PM »

I managed to upgrade to OS2 PB2 by burning the ISO to a DVD+RW and inserting it when Safe Mode ejects the DVD Drive.

When the upgrade is complete, you will see:

Loading...Got from CD!

Wait for your XBOX to shutdown on its own and then the upgrade is complete cool.gif

ncaissie

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2004, 07:47:00 PM »

Has anyone tried to turn the xbox on with the Eject then hit the power to turn it off?

I got a frag.

c0ld c0d3r

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2004, 03:15:00 PM »

The BETA screwed up my xbox....

ok i tried to upgrade to the BETA 2.0 and i put the recovery.bin on the E drive (my xbox worked fine until i did this) then i did the recovery and when i turned my xbox back on after it said Found on HD or something it turned on like normal then it just sat there with a green LED with no video. so i took the xbox apart pulled the mod chip out then put it back in. now it just boots with a Red LED ??? this is fucked up
Pages: [1] 2