xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Bad Batch Of Xenium Ice Chips?  (Read 44 times)

Xaddict2k2

• Archived User
Bad Batch Of Xenium Ice Chips?
« on: August 01, 2004, 02:20:00 PM »

Im starting to notice a lot of threads posted in this forum based on the same exact problem im having with 2 xenium ice chips. I installed the chips both fine, and it even worked like it was supposed to, i got to the OS and flashed and everything worked fine. But then it just quit working and all i get is a red LED on both the xenium chips, and no OS loads. And it does the same thing for both the chips I got. But every once in a while the chip will kick in and work. But then when I go to turn the xbox off again and back on it will do the same thing again with the red LED. I have been reading this same exact problem with many other people on this forum. I know my soldering is flawless, and I have done many many xeniums ice chips. If the chip randomly works when it wants to then is it a possibility its just a bad chip when it was manufactured?
Thanks

kurser

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2004, 02:43:00 PM »

I am also having problems with my xenium ice chip....It seemed to work for about a week or so, but now i can't get it to do a thing....I get the same error every boot.....(Two resets, then it frags)I also think it may be a bad chip....because the box seems to work fine when the chip is unplugged....Other then that I don't know what to do other then get a new chip.....Does it look like we get any help from Ozxodus? I'd find it hard to believe that Ozxodus...wouldn't replace some faulty chips...P.S....I used a Halo SE ver.1.6 box....
                 Lates,
                         kurser

Xaddict2k2

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2004, 11:24:00 AM »

I keep seeing more and more post of bad xenium ice chips. Whats wrong?

serag

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2004, 11:39:00 AM »

I'm having the exact same issue with a new Xenium Ice chip.
Installed it with the solderless adapter and it worked...was able to flash the bios, back up the HD, and load the EvolutionX dashboard.
Now it either loads up the MS Dash, or reboots twice then FRAG'S.
I removed the solderless adapter and soldered in the pin header, and it does the same thing.
If i remove the chip, it loads up the MS Dash.

I'm about to rip out my hair...and i don't have much left...

My Xbox is version 1.3  .... in response to the post below.

This post has been edited by serag on Aug 9 2004, 06:42 PM

Shinta X

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2004, 11:39:00 AM »

is there any chance that it could depend on what version xbox people have?

Xaddict2k2

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2004, 10:46:00 AM »

I dont think the version xbox matters, because I have two xenium ice chips 1 in a v1.0 xbox. and 1 in a v1.6 xbox, and they both do they same exact thing. The chips only work every once in a while, this is so frustrating.

ncaissie

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2004, 10:49:00 AM »

Flash the TSOP and pull the chip until theyrelease a stable OS.

Shinta X

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2004, 10:51:00 AM »

well that sounds depressing, I was just about to order my xenium ice today, should  I back out? wtf!?

EmperorPsiblade

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2004, 12:07:00 PM »

if you are concerned... then buy a regular "blue" Xenium....

except if you have a 1.6....

never failed me :-P

bishop05

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2004, 11:14:00 AM »

I can’t find a place that sells the old Xenium chip, all the official site just sell the ICE

beerchug.gif

Shinta X

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2004, 01:04:00 PM »

Im having the same problem... no ones selling the original xeniums, divineos still selling chameleons and most 3rd gen chips but not the original xenium, whats up with that :uhh:

Busted770

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2004, 01:16:00 PM »

i've had no problems with my xenium ice on my v 1.3 xbox (solderless install)

but i did notice that the plastic piece doesn't exactly lay flat and tips up at the end... just open up your box and make sure that you have contact with all the lpc points....

or the couple times that u get the xenium 2.0 pre-release OS to load...just reflash it with 1.1 that you can obtain from their website

Shinta X

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2004, 01:28:00 PM »

i dunno, i cant afford the solderless ice, and i doubt that has anything to do with the chips fragging, but hey im a newb what do i know ;) though lets say i get the xenium ice and flash it with OS1.1 right from the start, will that keep me from getting errors that OS2.0 is giving?

This post has been edited by Shinta X on Aug 9 2004, 09:15 PM

Busted770

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2004, 01:58:00 PM »

its might be the os, and it also might not be the os...I, for one, havn't had any problems with the new os...its most likely osmething wrong with installation, than with the os....all chips are pre-flashed the same...its not like my pre-flashed os is different than yours....they wouldn't put osmething out that doens't work. I would recheck your installation, because that is whats wrong and why you're fragging

bishop05

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2004, 02:33:00 PM »

I have 4 ice installs under my belt three solderless and one header install,  I have had no problems as of yet...

muhaha.gif