xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xeniumos No Longer Boots  (Read 49 times)

snyper1982

• Archived User
Xeniumos No Longer Boots
« on: July 30, 2004, 12:55:00 PM »

try turning it on with the open tray button, instead of the power button.

LaundroMat

• Archived User
Xeniumos No Longer Boots
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2004, 02:29:00 PM »

I tried that, but to no effect. Also tried the recovery switch, and no change either.

I do see a short flash of red (from the chip's LED) when starting up. Could this mean something?

AmO

• Archived User
Xeniumos No Longer Boots
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2004, 05:58:00 PM »

your D0 point is out of contact mate, thats why the red light and no xenium os but you do get a flub animation

bucko

• Recovered User
Xeniumos No Longer Boots
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2004, 11:01:00 AM »

Clone?

LaundroMat

• Archived User
Xeniumos No Longer Boots
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2004, 11:06:00 AM »

It's a genuine chip, thanks for the hint. We'll look into de-soldering it, but I think that will be a bit difficult though. Thanks for the replies already.

AmO

• Archived User
Xeniumos No Longer Boots
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2004, 01:36:00 PM »

trust me, its the D0 (those symptoms you are describing are lack of D0 contact), those things can be a bitch and a half to get right EVEN with solder.  Are you soldering to the topside D0 or the bottom side one?  If its the topside I recommend giving the bottom one a try, it should be a LOT easier.

valindel

• Archived User
Xeniumos No Longer Boots
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2004, 02:35:00 PM »

Hi!

I have exactly the same problem!

First it showed also the error 05, and it didnt run xenium OS neither any CD/DVD.

so I install an aladdin advance and it worked perfectly, and I was able to lock the HDD.

after that i re-installed the xenium again, and now my xbox always goes to the original xbox dashboard. I tried putting on the xbox with the power and the eject buttom.

I´m completely sure that my D0 point is perfectly soldered (i tested it with an aladdin advance), so I do not know what the hell can be the problem.

PD: i do not know if xenium needs, let´s say...'more contact' with the D0 than aladdin advance, but I guess not.

I think this problem is realated with the solder-mode, If i remember well my friend told me that his console was working fine with the solderless adapator, but he had always to readjust it. and anyone know whyyy there is no tutorial about xenium ICE in ozxodus site??? it´s amazing!!

valindel

• Archived User
Xeniumos No Longer Boots
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2004, 03:29:00 PM »

I´m becoming crazy.. :S

finally I used the bottom D0, and it´s the same. and I also used both the bottom and the upper at the same time to 'get more contact', but it's always the same...

I´m really tired and bored of this fucking xenium ice.

Evhoria

• Archived User
Xeniumos No Longer Boots
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2004, 02:55:00 AM »

you said you saw a short flash of red on the chip? Does that mean after that it goes off? And when you say led you mean on the chip right not the eject button? Just wanna clear this up.

chemicalsuk

• Archived User
Xeniumos No Longer Boots
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2004, 03:22:00 AM »

I'm getting a similar problem - think I've screwed it up good and proper.

I have a 1.3 Xbox, Xenium ICE solderless install. I was in the process of sorting out the dashboard install and had copied a new bios to the chip when the machine had a kernel panic on the XeniumOS screen and rebooted, since then I just get a red light on the chip and it reboots 3 times and then frags. Also get the same thing without the chip installed -reboots and frag and thats it.

I have tried the recovery switch and get a red led on the chip, whereas with the switch the other way I get no light at all.

ANy ideas or do I have to chuck the whole thing in the bin/trash which is the way I am feeling right now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!