xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Can't Play Retail Games  (Read 465 times)

The Wizzard

• Archived User
Can't Play Retail Games
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2004, 02:05:00 AM »

OK I had this same problem with playing games that freeze generally right at the beginning at the green evox splash, I couldn't even play retail games.

Before you go away and reformat your drives and ftp everything off and on to your xbox which can be very time consuming try this.

1. ftp to your xbox and delete all cache entries, ie files in e:\cache folder, not the folder just the files within it. Then delete all files in the x: y: and z: drives.

reboot the xbox and try the games again.

If your still having troubles with some games use xbox save manager to delete the save files for that particular game on the e drive, if your want to be able to put them back just in case that didn't work copy them to your hard drive first.

This worked for me I'm now able to play all the games on my new hard drive.

replicacpp

• Archived User
Can't Play Retail Games
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2004, 12:07:00 PM »

wink.gif ).

Now Madden 2005 is booting,

Thanks to the people who find the solution(Goomba and others)

(XODUS TEAM: Fix this! your beta 2  log says you fix this and is not FIXED)

Changelog for BETA 2
"- Fixed problem with HDD Upgrade Wizard not copying some Live information properly "

Gumba

• Archived User
Can't Play Retail Games
« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2004, 01:06:00 AM »

QUOTE (replicacpp @ Sep 2 2004, 08:10 PM)
I moved back all my content from F: to E: using UNLEASHX FILE manager and Walla

PS: Its spelt "voilĂ " smile.gif

Artifex

• Archived User
Can't Play Retail Games
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2004, 12:30:00 PM »

QUOTE (replicacpp @ Sep 2 2004, 08:10 PM)
(XODUS TEAM: Fix this! your beta 2  log says you fix this and is not FIXED)

Changelog for BETA 2
"- Fixed problem with HDD Upgrade Wizard not copying some Live information properly "

Please do not make assumptions, jump to conclusions, and assume that our changelog is wrong.  tongue.gif

Just some clarification on this whole situation:
XOS2 beta 1 had a nasty bug.  When you used the hdd upgrade wizard, it failed to copy a few important sectors of the harddrive, and because of this, users were unable to sign onto Live with the upgraded harddrive.

This has been fixed in beta 2.  Users who did the hdd upgrade with beta 1 will continue to be affected by the bug after the upgrade to beta 2.  We may provide a utility to "fix" affected upgrades.  Gumba's method is also a reasonable and correct workaround.

People who do the hdd upgrade with beta 2 should not experience this bug, and will be able to sign on to Live.

Although this *may* have been the reason why some live enabled retail games were failing, we believe there may be another factor as well, which is currently unresolved.

We are currently investigating the issues discussed in this and other threads, and will let you know.

--Artifex

Artifex

• Archived User
Can't Play Retail Games
« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2004, 02:13:00 PM »

QUOTE (replicacpp @ Sep 4 2004, 07:05 PM)
Well at least someone is listening thanks for that.

Actually that asumption was not made only by me. It was made by almost everybody here on this thread. Dont get me wrong here but the Topic of this Thread is "Can't Play Retail Games".  Actually I havent read of anybody complaining of the "unable to sign onto Live with the upgraded harddrive."
Well after the fix that Goomba and others posted here, even on Beta 1.

Any way just wanted to let everybody know in this forum that our assumptions of the changelog where not what we expected. And its still a problem to be solved maybe on next Beta 3 or Final.

Again I am happy that you are working on it, and thanks for that.

And Goomba...

Voila, hehe wink.gif

Yes, we're all listening.... we're also all rather busy lately, and sometimes it's hard to fit in time for forum browsing and replying.  We're working on that, though.

It is confirmed that some games were fixed along with the live signon bug.  Others were not.

And, yes, actually both bugs were discussed in this, and related threads.

--Arti

Free$10

• Archived User
Can't Play Retail Games
« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2004, 12:32:00 PM »

ok guys i have a similar problem here.i have a version 1.6 xbox with m8 bios on it and i try to run games likes prince of perisa.driver 3...toca race drive 2 and they freeize on the loading part in avaulaunch...most games work its just a few that dont....now if i take the same hard drive and put it in a verision 1.1 xbox the games work perfectly and i get no freezing.....so i dont think its this E drive formatting business.....i think its the bios thats the problem.....my v1.1 has a xecutor bios while on the version 1.6 i have the m8_16 one.

Gumba

• Archived User
Can't Play Retail Games
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2004, 11:19:00 AM »

QUOTE (Free$10 @ Sep 7 2004, 08:35 PM)
ok guys i have a similar problem here.i have a version 1.6 xbox with m8 bios on it and i try to run games likes prince of perisa.driver 3...toca race drive 2 and they freeize on the loading part in avaulaunch...most games work its just a few that dont....now if i take the same hard drive and put it in a verision 1.1 xbox the games work perfectly and i get no freezing.....so i dont think its this E drive formatting business.....i think its the bios thats the problem.....my v1.1 has a xecutor bios while on the version 1.6 i have the m8_16 one.

It really does sound like the e-drive thing to me... and I have no idea why you think because it works in your other box discounts the e-drive thing, sounds like it proves it to me wink.gif

Complete Guide to Fixing the Xenium OS2 Beta and Pre-release Formatting/Xbox Live Bug V2 (5-10mins)

Introduction

The Xenium OS 2 Beta (and the Pre-Release on the ICE chips), has a bug in its drive formatting Tools. If you use XOS2 to prepare your HD, then you won't be able to run many Xbox Live games, instead they will freeze after the studio titles, or before them, or while loading the main game (depends on the game), even off the retail discs while booted with the retail bios (TSOP)!

To fix it you need to reformat your E partition with the EvolutionX dashboard's built in formatter, which is accessed via FTP, but you will not need to format your C, F or G drives. Not having to format C is a lot safer as you do not have to wipe your Xboxes operating system, not formatting F or G (if it exists) will save you LOTS of time (days) and frustration if you actually have anything on F or G smile.gif.

Guide
http://forums.xbox-s...5

smile.gif

Unless of course your other box also sufferes from the 'e-drive' bug.

akumabas

• Archived User
Can't Play Retail Games
« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2004, 09:22:00 AM »

laugh.gif

Gumba

• Archived User
Can't Play Retail Games
« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2004, 07:42:00 PM »

QUOTE (son_of_a_duck @ Sep 22 2004, 08:15 PM)
Alright, I've read all 6 pages of this topic and it sounds really simple to do.  Unfortunately it hasn't worked for me.  The only time I can ftp to my xbox is when I'm on the opening Xenium screen.  I tried startin' the evox dash first and then ftp but that didn't work either.  I might be missing something.  I'm using Fetch for OSX and the "Send FTP Command(s)" option.

I think I've tried everything so I must be missing something.  Any help would be great.

You can't do it from the Xenium FTP server, you have to use the Evox FTP server, which means you have to check the evox.ini file to make sure the ftp server is setup

In fetch, make sure you show the transcript window

bluchp

• Archived User
Can't Play Retail Games
« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2004, 01:48:00 PM »

Just delete the files in the e:\cache.  No need to reformat the whole drive.  It worked for me

hei_q

• Archived User
Can't Play Retail Games
« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2004, 06:54:00 PM »

rolleyes.gif
worked for me too. I used the os 2 beta 2 and the upgrade wizard for a 160 gb samsung.
Burnout 3 freezes up on the half loading screen.
now i read this 6 pages and now the first step for me was to delete the e:\cache
and...

VoilĂ  (or walla rotfl.gif)

Burnout 3 runs!

I will test a few more xbl games but i think this has fixed the problem!

So... THX to all in this THREAD!!!  love.gif

Greetings
hei_q

Gumba

• Archived User
Can't Play Retail Games
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2004, 07:50:00 PM »

wink.gif ) then do the e: format

cheeseccs

• Archived User
Can't Play Retail Games
« Reply #72 on: September 25, 2004, 01:45:00 AM »

QUOTE (Gumba @ Sep 25 2004, 03:53 AM)
Yes, I upgraded another Xbox with XOS2b2 the other day

XBL games froze, so I erased the contents of e:\cache and that fixed it.

Now,  until I do another Xbox and check the XOX2b1 case I can't actually say if this is just how it works with XOS2b2 or how it always was.

Anyway, if you have problems first try deleting the e:\cache files and if symptoms persist ( wink.gif ) then do the e: format

Must share this.  Have the following:

Xbox V1.6
Xenium pre OS2
EVOX m8 bios
EVO-X dash 3935
Upgrade to a 40G HD using the Xenium OS

Unable to run Rainbow six 3.  Refused to move on from the front title page.  The only thing I did was just using Boxplorer and move all the files (only got 2 .bin files) from E:\CACHE to F:\.  And I would proceed the game and finished all the Training sessions.  After exit the game, found the 2 files were regenerated into the E:\CACHE.  Will feedback if more problem encounter.

Cheers!

Slider123

• Archived User
Can't Play Retail Games
« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2004, 06:38:00 PM »

Hey, I have a V 1.0 Xbox with an Xenium Ice and a 120 gb hd. I have the xecuter v 4983 bios alongside Avalaunch as my dashboard. I backed up my cache files on my F:/ drive then deleted them off of the e:/ drive. This made all of my games work, but deleted my gamertag! I then restored the files back to the e:/ drive and found that the games still worked but again my gamertag was still deleted. To fix this I have done the drive upgrade wizard again with my old hd, so all of my original files are still intact. Is there a way to get around this? Does anyone know if the gamertag retrieval works? I got the impression that it was for renewing expired accounts and that it was going to charge you for the live fees again.

If the other way doesn't work, I'm going to try the evox reformat method. First, I have a couple questions. 1)How can I load evox on when I have Avalaunch already installed? 2)Can evox use DHCP as a connection? Or do I have to configure the ip manually using notepad. Thanks in adavance.
Chris

Gumba

• Archived User
Can't Play Retail Games
« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2004, 08:51:00 PM »

I believe the gamertag retrieval works
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7