xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: 2.0 Out Next Week!  (Read 755 times)

greengiant

• Archived User
2.0 Out Next Week!
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2004, 07:12:00 PM »

QUOTE (alwaysonjohn @ May 21 2004, 11:53 PM)
hmm..  I am also not enthusiastic.  I didn't see the only feature i cared about.  TSOP Flashing without any jumpers... now that is a revolution.

http://www.ozxodus.c...=article&sid=26

This will never be possible !!!

Reason: the TSOP chip is made with write protection, MS has made it such that the write protection is turned on. Write protection is a physical matter.

So you will never be able to have a solution to flash the onboard bios chip (tsop) withought doing at least 1 jumper.

FoxRacR17

• Archived User
2.0 Out Next Week!
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2004, 07:12:00 PM »

Raw I/O support for HDD operations (potential for utilities such as defrag, scandisk, etc)
Am i the only one that is excited about this feature?  I mean i dont own a Xenium,  BUT if it is possible to defrag the xbox hdd with OS 2.0, then i will buy a Xenium in a heartbeat! I mean no more having to reformat your hdd and replace everything when it starts to lag due to fragmentation.  How would defrag be possible with OS 2.0?

greengiant

• Archived User
2.0 Out Next Week!
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2004, 07:16:00 PM »

QUOTE (mcsenerd @ May 22 2004, 03:52 AM)
Here here twistedsymphony...Right on brotha! I think you nailed the hype machine on the head with Xenium vs. SmartXX

I tell ya...they had better do something substantial...and I mean soon (No not Xenium team soon...real people soon smile.gif) they're going to just look even worse than they are already looking.

Look...I don't care what you make or what you do...when your customers are some of your loudest complainers...you've got a serious problem on your hands. I swear...honestly...I wouldn't recommend a Xenium to anyone now. I don't give a flying flip what nobody has to say...they're making a hacked up 3rd gen chip with only promises and inuendos of true 4th gen performance. It's high time to put up or shut up...and frankly I'm getting to the point where I'd be happy with either right now after all of these senseless hype posts of theirs with their promises of "soon very soon" or "within days we'll begin testing" (in other words...you won't see jack for two more months).

Well said !
Every time we see news from Xen, its 2 pages long and full of bull. Flashy words and wasting space to make it seem like WOW. But if you boil it down its only a few lines of stuff. Go look at the competitor, smartxx, you see them coming out with new 1.6 bios updates, 1.6 install info, alot of USEFULL stuff, but you dont see them taking 2 pages to mention it. And specially 2 pages to say "its coming".. "soon".."next week"... etc

To support the others,
Where are the SPI stuff that was boasted so much when the chip was announced ?
Where is the LCD support?
Where is the HTTP flashing ?

SMB, great, woopie. now when iam transfering files I can have it fail half way thru and have to re-start instead of FTP where it continues on the next file.

mike96sc2

• Archived User
2.0 Out Next Week!
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2004, 07:28:00 PM »

QUOTE (mbmonk @ May 21 2004, 10:00 PM)
You dont know what type of "kiddie" I am, quit foaming at the mouth and calm down.

You want to "download a 'backup'" well chief, assuming youre not a pirate kiddie you'd just copy them over instead of downloading. so you are one of those kiddies

Shaid

• Archived User
2.0 Out Next Week!
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2004, 07:40:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

CrayZEE

• Archived User
2.0 Out Next Week!
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2004, 07:41:00 PM »

wink.gif

Anyways, it's great work, i can't wait to play with it, well done OZXodus! wink.gif

greengiant

• Archived User
2.0 Out Next Week!
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2004, 07:48:00 PM »

QUOTE (CrayZEE @ May 22 2004, 04:41 AM)
Just thinking about the possibilities of plugins, and the SPI I/O's, we would have
the possibility to add switches to it and way more cool stuff.

That has been said time and time again.
From before the release of the chip itself, to the feature list, to the release, to the 1.1 release.
Again and again..

But to this day the public has not seen the LCD running on the Xen, nor any actuall use of the SPI port. And in this recent 2 page news, no mention of lcd or spi.

So you think about it....

dailey

• Archived User
2.0 Out Next Week!
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2004, 09:49:00 PM »

QUOTE (greengiant @ May 22 2004, 04:16 AM)
Well said !
Every time we see news from Xen, its 2 pages long and full of bull. Flashy words and wasting space to make it seem like WOW. But if you boil it down its only a few lines of stuff. Go look at the competitor, smartxx, you see them coming out with new 1.6 bios updates, 1.6 install info, alot of USEFULL stuff, but you dont see them taking 2 pages to mention it. And specially 2 pages to say "its coming".. "soon".."next week"... etc

To support the others,
Where are the SPI stuff that was boasted so much when the chip was announced ?
Where is the LCD support?
Where is the HTTP flashing ?

SMB, great, woopie. now when iam transfering files I can have it fail half way thru and have to re-start instead of FTP where it continues on the next file.

Geez quit yer bitchin about the long news post, did it ever occur to you that they didnt post it with the intent on taking up a lot of front page real estate? I mean what have they done, moved celebrity xboxes and the bi-daily news of the latest XBMC bugfixes to the bottom of the page? It's not like you see Artifex posting it on X-S, nope XanTium is the one who posted it. Let's get something straight, they post their news on their website, if it's copied and pasted here then dont bitch at them for making it so long k?

If you guys want to praise a team (smartXX) for being the "first" to release a an update thats compatible with the 1.6 thats great, but it's reinventing the wheel. OzXodus is not about re-invention but innovation, they are about making an operating system that has and will continue to change the worlds view of a modchip. What they have done has changed the modern modchip from a simple alternative boot device to a user friendly interactive OS for a game system. I mean I dont know if some of you out there fully grasp the concept of what it takes to program an operating system, especially one for a system like the Xbox but if you want to complain how it has taken them (gasp) 5 months in between version releases then gripe away.

Me, instead of looking at what isnt there I am gonna look at what is there and focus on the possibilites. Anyhow, thats my two cents

douceur

• Archived User
2.0 Out Next Week!
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2004, 10:44:00 PM »

CrayZEE and dailey, you two summed up my feelings perfectly.

chimpanzee

• Archived User
2.0 Out Next Week!
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2004, 11:13:00 PM »

This may be a FAQ but I cannot find it.

From the announcement, it seems that this OS is not a hack but a clean one like cromwell ? If that is true, how can it run Xbox games(or can it) ?

marksu

• Archived User
2.0 Out Next Week!
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2004, 11:30:00 PM »

QUOTE (chimpanzee @ May 22 2004, 08:13 AM)

From the announcement, it seems that this OS is not a hack but a clean one like cromwell ? If that is true, how can it run Xbox games(or can it) ?

NOOOOO it cant.

It is not a bios.
It is a OS, making possible to flash xenium with a cracked bios.

swolsten

• Archived User
2.0 Out Next Week!
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2004, 11:36:00 PM »

QUOTE (chimpanzee @ May 22 2004, 07:13 AM)

The OS is used to select bios's, the bios you select then runs xbox apps or games.

marksu

• Archived User
2.0 Out Next Week!
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2004, 11:59:00 PM »

smile.gif

marksu

• Archived User
2.0 Out Next Week!
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2004, 12:14:00 AM »

laugh.gif

To run the OS 2.0 on a non Xenium mod is not possible!

However to run with the OS 2.0 and non Xenium mod is possible though!

1. Burn the OS 2.0 file to CD (any cd will do even cd-r)
2. Open Xbox cover
2. Pick up non Xenium mod from the xbox in your hand
3. Pick up the CD in your hand
4. RUN RUN RUN !!!  laugh.gif

************ THE SECRATE IS OUT!! ****************

chimpanzee

• Archived User
2.0 Out Next Week!
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2004, 12:41:00 AM »

QUOTE (swolsten @ May 22 2004, 08:36 AM)
The OS is used to select bios's, the bios you select then runs xbox apps or games.

So it is more like PBL but can be flashed ?

If that is the case, can I use it to load a retail BIOS(MS) and run Xbox games ?

What I am looking at is the possibility of a Xbox with no hacked BIOS but at the same time can run both Xbox game and linux.

Currently, this is possible if I go the softmod route but it may not be possible for some new Xbox anymore. Beside, there is some gotchas like the clock loop issue etc.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9