xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: 2.0 Out Next Week!  (Read 757 times)

OpusDei

• Archived User
2.0 Out Next Week!
« Reply #120 on: May 24, 2004, 05:43:00 AM »

QUOTE (ncaissie @ May 24 2004, 11:59 AM)
and last but not least! Ever heard of the Sony Mini Disc? they didn't make them for every cd Player.

Wow you are right !!!

But wait a minute - didnt a hundred other manufacturers make their own mini disc players ???

OMG incredible theory - so either Xodus gives the CPLD source for people to make their own mods to use the XOS2 or - now wait for it - somebody clones it and then you can all get alternative methods

MMMM but isnt cloning bad - aren't they supposed to blow up ? (yeah right)

come on bro - the sony analagy was a bad one wink.gif

HoRnEyDvL

• Administrator
2.0 Out Next Week!
« Reply #121 on: May 24, 2004, 05:44:00 AM »

If i remember right wasnot the first chip out an enigmah & first bios was an evo-x bios?

OpusDei

• Archived User
2.0 Out Next Week!
« Reply #122 on: May 24, 2004, 05:44:00 AM »

QUOTE (wiqd @ May 24 2004, 12:07 PM)
Granted, if they ONLY tried to reinvent those things that have been released, thats prett shitty as well, but they haven't.

hehe

M
A
T
R
I
X

jester.gif

OpusDei

• Archived User
2.0 Out Next Week!
« Reply #123 on: May 24, 2004, 05:45:00 AM »

QUOTE (HoRnEyDvL @ May 24 2004, 02:44 PM)
If i remember right wasnot the first chip out an enigmah & first bios was an evo-x bios?

Enigmah = some members of Xecuter

That had a bios already embedded into the CPLD - they patched the changed bytes directly. Of course they developed LPC hack just a few months after that and the rest is history.

HoRnEyDvL

• Administrator
2.0 Out Next Week!
« Reply #124 on: May 24, 2004, 05:52:00 AM »

Woooo Woooo Woooo take it 1 more step back if it wasnot for bunnie there would of been no chips for the xbox.

lookformeb

• Archived User
2.0 Out Next Week!
« Reply #125 on: May 24, 2004, 05:54:00 AM »

QUOTE (ViRAL @ May 24 2004, 04:19 AM)
what and xecuter hasn't? don't forget, they have the bios that is prob on 90% of modded xboxes, and the chip(X2) which i think most modded xboxes also have.

I believe this goes had in hand.  When you have a widely known BIOS with you name, obviously the chip will sell.

Xecuter's BIOS' have been prominant mostly because of the source they had, a large portion of the original MS code.  Now that the code has been released, what Xecuter has done in over a year has been duplicated on less than 4 hours.  True, the coders are following the footstepts, but that is still a great feat.

It is my opinion that you can expect the percentage of Xecuter BIOS' used on modchips do decrease raiply after other (old and newformed) BIOS teams release their finalised product, with full support.  There's a whole new ballgame out there for BIOS' now...

HoRnEyDvL

• Administrator
2.0 Out Next Week!
« Reply #126 on: May 24, 2004, 05:57:00 AM »

found this while searching.

Xtender Xbox Mod Chip
The Xtender Xbox mod chip works on ALL Xbox models from ALL regions and plays every Xbox game including originals, import originals and all backups. It is reported to work with any CD-RW media, any DVD-R media, any DVD-RW media. The Xtender Xbox modchip claims to be very easy to solder and requires only basic soldering skills. A special feature is the ability to run unsigned code, as well as patched or modified files, opening the door for amateur development of Xbox software. Latest news confirm that the Xtender mod chip disables DVD Macrovision.    
The Enigmah Xbox Mod Chip
Another chinese group is launching the Enigmah Mod Chip for Xbox. Similar in specs to the Xtender mod-chip, it requires 29 wires, but also removes Macrovision. There are two optional wires to solder for Macrovision Off and further two wires for DVD Reset Function.

The Enigmah Xbox Mod chip is now shipping since June 13 2002. You can also purchase a pre-modified Xbox console (U.S. model) with the Enigmah mod-chip preinstalled.

News June 28 2002 - It looks as if MS is successful in counteracting the Xbox mod chip development.    
NeoX xbox modchip cancelled
The NeoX, which was the first announced Xbox Mod Chip ever will stay a rumour forever. The promoters of this device have now announced that they won't pursue it further due to various reasons. Another source said that there WILL be a Neo-X but it will be intentionally restricted in function to only defeat the country region lock-out and cannot be used for any form of piracy. We suspect legal reasons for this decision.

HoRnEyDvL

• Administrator
2.0 Out Next Week!
« Reply #127 on: May 24, 2004, 05:58:00 AM »

so which 1 was it xecuter fan boys was it enigmah or was it xtender ? choose 1.

OpusDei

• Archived User
2.0 Out Next Week!
« Reply #128 on: May 24, 2004, 05:59:00 AM »

QUOTE (lookformeb @ May 24 2004, 02:54 PM)
Now that the code has been released, what Xecuter has done in over a year has been duplicated on less than 4 hours.  True, the coders are following the footstepts, but that is still a great feat.

This is totally innaccurate - this bios you speak of has been worked on for weeks and weeks now and its still doesnt have everything x2 has and no where near x3

i listen in irc rooms too.

OpusDei

• Archived User
2.0 Out Next Week!
« Reply #129 on: May 24, 2004, 06:01:00 AM »

QUOTE (HoRnEyDvL @ May 24 2004, 02:58 PM)
so which 1 was it xecuter fan boys was it enigmah or was it xtender ? choose 1.

Enigamh was sold 2 weeks before xtender

xtender actually had many bugs in their first release that were not present in enigmah (macrovision not working - auto patching hack) and they didnt have a v1.1 fix for quite a few weeks

you are reading some old ass news site - both chips came from the UK and were sold head to head at Manchester Bowlers show. I remember being around when ppl were raving at watching the enigmah boot new stuff - when the xtender stand couldnt get their xbox to work lol

However thread has kind of inadvertently been hijacked - apologies. back to XOS2 discussion - I guess no point talking about x3 vs xenium (2.0?) until they are both in our hands.

HoRnEyDvL

• Administrator
2.0 Out Next Week!
« Reply #130 on: May 24, 2004, 06:08:00 AM »

What people dont understand here is that they think what they have is better then what any 1 else has ohhh i got a better modchip then youuuu OHHH big shit man a chips a chip does the fucken same job. So far we can comare the features 2 the features on the x3 since the x3 mod chip its self hasnot been released. You know what i got this chip i made has  8 meg flash with its own version of an os running off the nt kernel that has a built in dash u can control everything on ur xbox even lets u run emulators from it i wont release it the because its mine &  its better then all your chips.

Lets just be greatfull that we have chips for the xbox & we can do waht ever we want with em & who cares whos is better man.

U look at chip developers but when u come 2 think about it what good would these chips be if we didnot have software developers for the xbox what apps would u be running then?

Josh Adams

• Archived User
2.0 Out Next Week!
« Reply #131 on: May 24, 2004, 06:20:00 AM »

OpusDei is incredibly well informed for someone who joined these forums on 10th May.

I suspect he is a Xecuter fanboy or team member sent to cause trouble in the Xenium area, my post that OpusDei decided to pull apart was just trying to express my opinion that Xecuter aren't currently the leaders when it comes to talent. I want to know why X3 is still unavailable if Xecuter are so good. Oh yer thats it "real life issues" or is it "achohol" that they keep blaming. I can't remember which one they use as the excuse for the X3 delay (are we at 12 months yet) and which one they use for the buggy bioses.

I too hear rumours about new bioses emerging and I wonder how long these teams have been working on it for, it will be interesting if they come up with a bios that is comparible with the X2 series or even the X3 bios. I also wonder how far bios development would be advanced now if these guys had got the sources at the same time as Xecuter.

I used to be a fan of Xecuter products but I lost faith by the arrogance of the team leader and the constant excuses for X3 delays, it appears my decision to switch my support for the OzXodus products is proving to be a very wise move. Yes I am a Xenium fanboy, but at least I don't go into the Xecuter section of these forums to put down the efforts of the other team. OzXodus has contributed more to the scene as far as innovation in the last 6 months than Xecuter have in the past twelve months and this is why I can say with confidence that OzXodus is pulling away from Xecuter at great speed. Don't misunderstand me, I am thankful for the X2 bios series and I have respect for Xecuter for their contribution. But lets see where things are at in another six months and I seriously doubt i'll be eating these words.

I wonder what OpusDei will pick out of this post!

Josh Adams

• Archived User
2.0 Out Next Week!
« Reply #132 on: May 24, 2004, 06:25:00 AM »

QUOTE (flabbergast @ May 24 2004, 03:19 PM)
If they were doing this for the scene and not money they would release it to work on all chips just like xecutor do with all there bios and bios configuration tool and Xbox linux team and others do.

If I am not mistaken the OS is hardware dependant since all the chips use different hardware and use that hardware in unique ways. It's unrealistic to think that OzXodus could make their OS work on all modchips. And there is a massive difference between the hacked MS kernel and the XOS2 so in my opinion that is not a very good comparison. You must also remember that the Xecuter bioses are free because it is great advertising for Xecuter. No flaming intended.

marksu

• Archived User
2.0 Out Next Week!
« Reply #133 on: May 24, 2004, 06:31:00 AM »

Huh, the Xenium vs Xecuter stuff here sounds more like flaming to me.

HoRnEyDvL

• Administrator
2.0 Out Next Week!
« Reply #134 on: May 24, 2004, 06:45:00 AM »

Well it seems this has came out of hand & has lead to nothing but flaming so im closing the thread.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]