xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: New V1.6 Xbox, No More Modding Ability?  (Read 466 times)

marksu

• Archived User
New V1.6 Xbox, No More Modding Ability?
« on: May 01, 2004, 11:50:00 PM »

New  xbox v1.6 is out.
Just a warning you might not be able to mod the new xbox!

D0 point is moved
Old bisooses propably wont work cause of the xcalibur videochip.
No extra ram option available

Seems like compatibility issues is a problem on any mods not just xenium.

EDIT: I wonder what Xenium can do to make xenium compatible with the new v1.6 xbox.

What hapends it is true that current biosses won't work on the new xbox.
Seems like at least x3 bios will not be available to other mod chips than xecuter.
Will evox bios be the only possible option then.
Or would xenium have to make their own bios?

There is lots of open questions!

marksu

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2004, 12:25:00 AM »

I separated the news text to separate reply for convinience.
Read the hole article at xs news section.

For lazy ppl I paste it here(pics not included):
>> booyeah on the xbox-scene forums bought a new Xbox console today and he's the first one reporting to us with the new xcalibur videochip.
It was already reported some time ago a new xbox videochip would be used in new xboxes (thought to be first in the crystal LE Xbox ... but apparently all those were still v1.4 (Focus videochip)).
But now that we saw the first pictures of this v1.6 apparently much more changed then just the videochip ... it's basicly a total new board design. (LCP is still there but with point 4 open ...). "D0" probably also moved as the "D0-area" totally changed.
It looks like it won't be possible to put an extra 64MB ram anymore as the extra places to solder these chips have changed.
Also ... it looks like there's no onboard TSOP anymore. The BIOS chip might have become a read-only chip (that rectangle "Xyclops" labeled chip above the LPC?) so it can't be re-programmed anymore or maybe they placed the TSOP on the back of the motherboard now. It's all just a guess rigth now ... we don't have any confirmed info yet.

Here are some specifications of Booyeah's v1.6 Xbox:
DVD-drive: Philips
Kernel build: 1.00.5838.01
Dashboard build: 1.00.5659.03
Manufacture Date: 2004-03-22

It's unknown at this moment if there is extra or new security. This Xbox will (probably) require a new bios (with support for the new xcalibur videochip) and maybe more.
More news will be posted here when we have it ...

Here are the pictures taken by booyeah and posted by pascar 802.11 on our forums. Thanks goes to them!

EmperorPsiblade

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2004, 05:45:00 AM »

i'm scared.....

i hope OzXodus is trying to obtain these new xboxes to gain support for the xenium....

jeez... i'm gone for 2 days and all you guys discover a new xbox version  smile.gif

i wonder why pin 4 is open....

EmperorPsiblade

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2004, 10:32:00 AM »

after this long of a wait.... i have to agree... even my fanatical devotion to OzXodus doesn't help me not want the new XOS....

"SOON" isn't good enough...

but on-topic:

the new xbox will be hacked jsut like the origanal... better call up bunnie again...

lookformeb

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2004, 01:01:00 PM »

QUOTE (kronium @ May 3 2004, 12:21 PM)
So I guess for now, buy a box that was manufactured before May 22 2004.  Boy, OS 2.0 sure is anti-climactic now.  I don't give a shit about it anymore, especially since we don't even know if the Xenium will even work with Xbox 1.6.  And now hearing that SmartXX already is working on using 1.6s.  I just lost a whole bunch of respect for OzXodus.

Used to be a proud Xenium owner...

Just because OxZodus isn't talking about it openly like SmartXX, that doesn't mean no one is working on it.  Be patient...

lookformeb

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2004, 01:04:00 PM »

QUOTE (EmperorPsiblade @ May 3 2004, 01:32 PM)
the new xbox will be hacked jsut like the origanal... better call up bunnie again...

You're talking about the v1.6, right?  IF you realy the official thread, it's spoken about that 1.0/1.1 and 1.4/1.5 were fairly large jumps also.  Many speculate that this was modification to reduce the cost in manufacturing.  The same basic principles are, without a doubt, still there.  You are making it to be more dramatic than it really is.  smile.gif

EmperorPsiblade

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2004, 01:08:00 PM »

ah but what if they have put in new security features?

until it is confirmed otherwise, i will keep spreading my crazy theories  laugh.gif

Josh Adams

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2004, 04:12:00 PM »

lookformeb is right.

just because ozxodus isn't commenting on the v1.6 doesn't mean they aren't on the job.

i think you'll find ozxodus probably have a v1.6 already and remember they don't say things very often so I wouldn't be jumping to any conclusions just yet.

i have full faith in ozxodus.

kevhonda

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2004, 04:21:00 PM »

I don't give a shit about it anymore, especially since we don't even know if the Xenium will even work with Xbox 1.6. And now hearing that SmartXX already is working on using 1.6s. I just lost a whole bunch of respect for OzXodus.

Used to be a proud Xenium owner...

I think you will find that ozx stays behind the scenes and dont really say what they are working on unless people bitch bitch bitch.  Still a proud Xenium owner !!

evoxreloaded

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2004, 04:25:00 PM »

maybe its just  killa-gates way of saying "haha screw you modders for the money you costed me on the xbox" this may not be updated security but a cost reducer for building the popular non-profit console....

EmperorPsiblade

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2004, 04:27:00 PM »

QUOTE (Josh Adams @ May 3 2004, 07:12 PM)
lookformeb is right.

note all the xecuter things in his sig...
ya better start sellin' Xenium... Artifex doesn't only kill kittens!  laugh.gif

maybe its just killa-gates way of saying "haha screw you modders for the money you costed me on the xbox" this may not be updated security but a cost reducer for building the popular non-profit console....

bill gates likes to do that..

two words:

trusted     computing....

nfs924

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2004, 04:36:00 PM »

does anyone think that maybe the d0 point was reloacted to some other spot on the mobo?

evoxreloaded

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2004, 04:43:00 PM »

could have... but it wouldnt be functional... the way i see it all ofthese a$$h01es writing books and techtv articles and mag readings on how to mod the xbox just GAVE bill the info he needed to go on and get rid of the useless hackable components.... im mad now.... and you should be 2... hes giving us all the finger and smiling...

lookformeb

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2004, 04:52:00 PM »

QUOTE (EmperorPsiblade @ May 3 2004, 07:27 PM)
note all the xecuter things in his sig...
ya better start sellin' Xenium... Artifex doesn't only kill kittens!  laugh.gif

You're kidding, right?

I have good connections with Xecuter chips, which allows me to install them at a fair price.  If I had a DECENT connection with Xenium chips, I would probably also install those.  Just because I install Xecuter, doesn't mean it's the only chip I own.   wink.gif

EmperorPsiblade

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2004, 04:57:00 PM »

laugh.gif
Pages: [1] 2 3 4