xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Boots To Ms Dash With Xenium Installed  (Read 28 times)

evoxreloaded

• Archived User
Boots To Ms Dash With Xenium Installed
« on: April 13, 2004, 05:43:00 PM »

recheck your pin header as this is a main cause if there is no chip led on then its not getting power....

n1tro

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2004, 07:00:00 PM »

QUOTE (mogilny @ Apr 14 2004, 02:27 AM)
according to the following image, my install went fine.  there is 3.3v and 5v where there should be, and the gnd has continuity with the gnd at the power supply.  think i have a bad chip?

CJ

user posted image

This may be too late for you but a trick I do when installing header pins is to pull the individual pins slightly higher from the black plastic thing so when you put it in the board, the tips of the pin headers are just flush with the board.  That way, the solder can get in the holes easily and make good contact.  I find the leaving the pins at the default lenght makes the tips stick out too far and I have a harder time getting the solder to run up the holes and make contact.  Hope that helps.  beerchug.gif

mogilny

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2004, 08:09:00 PM »

pull the individual pins slightly higher from the black plastic thing so when you put it in the board, the tips of the pin headers are just flush with the board

hmm, not a bad idea.  think i may try that.  it may be a little more work for me now, but i'd rather try it before i send it back.  i hope that is the problem.  i dont really know why it isnt getting power, all the voltages and the ground test properly.  unless the led is burnt, which i highly doubt.  any other ideas?  anyway, thanks again.  

CJ

mogilny

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2004, 11:45:00 PM »

well, i tried n1tro's idea and i took out the lpc pins and put them back in (pain in the ass with a regular soldering iron!) and it seems to work now.  thanks to all.

CJ