xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Any Downsides To The Chameleon  (Read 73 times)

DrSteve_

• Archived User
Any Downsides To The Chameleon
« on: March 18, 2004, 04:09:00 PM »

smile.gif

NikAmi

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2004, 07:12:00 PM »

wink.gif

Altima NEO

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2004, 08:32:00 AM »

I have  a 1.0 xbox and the LPC points are filled, and they were a biznatch to desolder. The little pins that came with my solderless wouldnt make contact to well either. So I soldered the solderless adapter =P Works great tho, easy solution to the D0 too.

Ziffelpig

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2004, 08:31:00 AM »

biggrin.gif  It took me an hour to install from start(box disassembly) to bios flash.
I Also realized how easy the pin header install would have been, but I  like the idea of how easily you could put this in another box.

JackalPa

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2004, 08:45:00 AM »

QUOTE (Altima NEO @ Mar 24 2004, 06:32 PM)
I have  a 1.0 xbox and the LPC points are filled, and they were a biznatch to desolder. The little pins that came with my solderless wouldnt make contact to well either. So I soldered the solderless adapter =P Works great tho, easy solution to the D0 too.

Just for any of the noobs  you do not need to desolder the LPC Holes on the v1.0.  Just line up the pins and secure it down with the screw and all is well.  Actually I think you get a better contact while leaving the solder in the LPC Holes.

vwwanksta69

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2004, 07:48:00 AM »

My friend had the adaptor with the chameleon chip and he moves it all the time no problems at all yet with his chip and box

dtechlogic

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2004, 10:00:00 AM »

awesome adapter it won't move and i trust me i have hit my xbox against the  when i move it around and  still work and i have gone friends houses and there are many bumpy roads in l.a and the system still work no problem and i  am glad that i got  solderless adapter and i recommend it and i have install it in other 4 xboxes of my friends.

Altima NEO

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2004, 01:05:00 PM »

QUOTE (JackalPa @ Mar 25 2004, 06:45 PM)
QUOTE (Altima NEO @ Mar 24 2004, 06:32 PM)
I have  a 1.0 xbox and the LPC points are filled, and they were a biznatch to desolder. The little pins that came with my solderless wouldnt make contact to well either. So I soldered the solderless adapter =P Works great tho, easy solution to the D0 too.

Just for any of the noobs  you do not need to desolder the LPC Holes on the v1.0.  Just line up the pins and secure it down with the screw and all is well.  Actually I think you get a better contact while leaving the solder in the LPC Holes.

Yeah, wish I had done that. Oh well. Its like a pinheader with D0 already on it, so its pretty sweet.