xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Layton Utah, Newb Need Help  (Read 225 times)

SpartanIII

• Archived User
Layton Utah, Newb Need Help
« on: March 16, 2004, 09:28:00 PM »

I've got the Xenium solderless. It took me no more than 15 minutes to put the sucker in and get it running. I was pleased. So then, I download the latest EvoX Bio. It all went downhill from there. :uhh:  Nothing goes right, nothing i try works! I've followed steps from a hundred manuals, a hundred files...I'm just tired of doing it. If anyone lives nearby, let me know, I need someone to install Evox for me. I think maybe I'm just too stupid to do it myself. At any rate, im done trying...its hopeless, all hopeless... :(

Jaego

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 08:07:00 PM »

Ya know, there's a whole community of us out here that just might be able to help you out with your problem... why don't you tell us exactly what kind of error you're getting and what you're doing?

SpartanIII

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2004, 06:02:00 AM »

OK, in a nutshell, this is how it goes. I got the newb manual mastertito4 put out, and went by the book on how to get Evox up and running. My first problem was that Craxtion won't work. It constantly gives the invalid arguments passed message, even though I used Solution.rar, it still doesn't work, tough it did once. At that time, I created an Iso file for Evox. I placed it in my box, and tried to flash the bank. I tried every size, and it kept saying it was improperly sized. So, I tried to load up cromwell instead. I had a number of people tell me that it wouldn't read the disc because it was a CD-RW, so I needed to try DVD R/RWs to get it to work, so I tried, no such luck.  SO, right now I am trying to get Craxtion to work, to no avail, and I am trying to figure out which manual version I need, I don't know which one is right, because I don't think either have worked for me.

*Sigh*, and thats about it. I think.

Mr Nobody

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2004, 06:06:00 AM »

When creating the disc with the bios.bin file, create a regular ISO.  Do not use Craxtion.  Use Craxtion when creating the dash CD.  Also put a 50+MB dummy file to ensure that the disc will read.  (We'll deal with the Craxtion error once you get the bios loaded)

What DVD drive is in the Xbox?

Bohefus

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2004, 03:19:00 PM »

It's got to be a problem with how you are creating the bios boot disc. I used Nero to create the bios disc and I've modded several xboxes with the same disc on all the different dvd rom drives.I've never used Craxtion(may work I dunno).Either get step by step instructions from someone or have someone mail you a disc.
Use a name brand cdrw  biggrin.gif  beerchug.gif  ohmy.gif

luther349

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2004, 05:28:00 PM »

yea burn the bios  as a standerd file not a xiso you only need xiso cds when your burning a cd like a game backup that needs to be that way.

This post has been edited by luther349 on Mar 18 2004, 01:30 AM

SpartanIII

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2004, 03:49:00 PM »

Alright, Im not sure what my DVD drive is, I believe its a Samsung. I am using Memorex 4x CDRWs. I have nero burning rom 5.0, its pretty new. I have Craxtion, Xfer, and all the files I need for Evox, I also have a dummy file built about 50mb big. TELL ME EXACTLY WHAT TO DO. How do I get this Bios on my box, with a friggin Xenium. blink.gif

sam1148

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2004, 04:15:00 PM »

I feel for ya. Here's the basics.

Get the bios from a reliable source. EVOX M7 was the least troublesome for me.
Make a BIO disk. Use Nero (read the tuts). Make sure you have julliet deslected, Burn and at once/9600 and Finalize the CD-RW.  (don't forget to pad the disk, use the dummy file from ozxodus web site. )
Try diffrent CD-RW Media. Memorex seems to be the best bet.

Burn that sucka.

Okay, here's where I messed up. When you select the bank to flash and load from the D drive (which should have the BIOS.BIN on it). It says " File Loaded from CD"...then *Nothing*...I thought it had hung up and burned several disks, again and again, Why? Because I'm a Dumbass and didn't read the farken manual! After you get the message "File Loaded..."  nothing happens.  The next step is choose "Program Flash" from the previous menu and all is good.

Once you've done that, get a EVOX dash, EVOX INI..pack it into a ISO using Craxtion. Burn that (Nero, or Alcohol 120-worked best for me). Reboot with that in the drive and you should get the EVOX dash--along with FTP access.  

Try Diffrent BIO's. Some might have been customized. Get a good copy. Use Xbox Tools to peek at the BIO. There's a setting that will tell you what dashboard the bios will look for when it loads. Its like a startup sequence..it'll look for D drive (your CD) first, then C Drive..etc. Make sure those synch up with what you actualy have, which may be diffrent from what tutorials you're reading.  sad.gif

EDIT: Did you upgrade to Xenium XOS 1.1? That should be the first step and it went flawlessly with me from reading the manuals on the website.

SpartanIII

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2004, 07:38:00 PM »

Alright, I have Bios Evox.D.6 loaded it says. I just made the ISO file and popped it in. Reboot...Ok, the screen flashes black, then resorts to the original Xbox dash. Restart again, back to Xenium home screen. Is it the Bios?

Ferris23

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2004, 10:25:00 PM »

Are you on AIM?

I might be able to help you out.  I just installed a Xenium and got it down pretty good.

Jaego

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2004, 01:31:00 AM »

QUOTE (SpartanIII @ Mar 17 2004, 02:02 PM)
OK, in a nutshell, this is how it goes. I got the newb manual mastertito4 put out, and went by the book on how to get Evox up and running. My first problem was that Craxtion won't work. It constantly gives the invalid arguments passed message, even though I used Solution.rar, it still doesn't work, tough it did once. At that time, I created an Iso file for Evox. I placed it in my box, and tried to flash the bank. I tried every size, and it kept saying it was improperly sized. So, I tried to load up cromwell instead. I had a number of people tell me that it wouldn't read the disc because it was a CD-RW, so I needed to try DVD R/RWs to get it to work, so I tried, no such luck.  SO, right now I am trying to get Craxtion to work, to no avail, and I am trying to figure out which manual version I need, I don't know which one is right, because I don't think either have worked for me.

*Sigh*, and thats about it. I think.

Aren't you glad you decided to type something now?   laugh.gif  People around here are helping!   beerchug.gif

SpartanIII

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2004, 04:29:00 AM »

OK, rewind a little bit, I tooks some advice and loaded Evox M7_ef instead. It loaded fine. Now I need to make the startup disc right? OK, I just downloaded Evox build 3985 or whatever off of FlashFXP, how do I make the disc, I just tried and it wont load up. Thanks for all this guys. my msn messenger, is [email protected]

Ferris23

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2004, 08:04:00 AM »

That email is not working for MSN, its saying the email is not valid.

?

SpartanIII

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2004, 08:32:00 AM »

Really? It should work fine. What messenger do you have? I use MSN, whats your email there i.e. hotmail,msn.  

Ferris23

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2004, 09:47:00 AM »

MSN Messenger v 6.1  

Mine is [email protected]

I'll be on all day.

Are we both talking about MS Windows Messenger?  

This post has been edited by Ferris23 on Mar 18 2004, 05:47 PM
Pages: [1] 2