xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can't Drive Without My Dash!  (Read 135 times)

MaHoRo X

• Archived User
Can't Drive Without My Dash!
« on: March 16, 2004, 03:29:00 AM »

Use slayers auto installer disk format the hdd and the in the same cd there is the option to format and re-build the hdd with the original ms dash and evox too! that will fix it for sure! let me know if it worked for you!

bLiZzArDo

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 03:30:00 AM »

Try locking your new hard drive, if you try to enter the original bios with the hard drive unlocked, it will give you an error message. If that doesn't work, just clear your Maxtor drive and re-do the smart drive upgrade. Hope that helps.

-----bLiZzArDo-----

gamer1st

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2004, 04:02:00 AM »

Locking the drive makes no difference. I still boot to the bios menu no matter what. I don't get any error messages either way.

Mr Nobody

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2004, 11:43:00 AM »

Once the drive is locked, you can choose original bios from the bios menu to get the MS dash to boot until you upgrade the bios.  If it hangs while loading, it's a known issue.  Some say you can reflash the XOS and it fixes.  Can't see why but doesn't hurt.

You can't load another dash until you put a different bios on your chip.  You upgraded the XOS to 1.1 *NOT* the bios.

When you do have another bios on, use Craxtion not xISO to create your dash CD.  xISO has issues.

frank10

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2004, 12:17:00 PM »

have you been able to flash your bios yet?  you can't run a dashboard until you first flash your bios.

i went through a few DVD-Rs, DVD-RWs, DVD+RWs, and CD-RWs until I found a disk to flash one of the xenium bios banks.  My thomson is pretty sensitive.

arjkar

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2004, 01:31:00 PM »

instead of trying to load a evox cd if that keeps not working, but you can get your bios to flash (not XOS 1.1, but your bios, for ex. x2.4981) then you can put the 512k x24978 on there and try to use the built in ftp for putting stuff on the hard drive.  you need to lock your drive for it to work with original bios, with the key from your other drive.

gamer1st

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2004, 08:47:00 PM »

finnaly got the bios to flash now i can't get a dashboard to boot other than the m$ one.  I guess i'm going to try hooking my pc's dvd drive up to the xbox and see if that will read or not.

gamer1st

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2004, 08:48:00 PM »

oh I forgot. Right now I can't get either evox itself or slayer to load.

arjkar

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2004, 10:33:00 PM »

again you can try flashing the xenium with ftp bios, also you can use a swap trick to use the pc dvd drive in your xbox, cannot juss use it plain as it is, check out link to tutorials on xbox-scene homepage

Mr Nobody

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2004, 04:02:00 AM »

QUOTE (gamer1st @ Mar 17 2004, 06:47 AM)
finnaly got the bios to flash now i can't get a dashboard to boot other than the m$ one.  I guess i'm going to try hooking my pc's dvd drive up to the xbox and see if that will read or not.

If you were able to flash the bios you shouldn't have any issues with your drive reading CDs.  Use the same brand of media you used for the bios.

Make sure you are using Craxtion when creation the dash CD.  Slayers should already be an ISO (Xbox ISO) when you d/l it.

Let's take a step back.

Confirm that the bios is really loaded.  What version bios are you running and what do you see on the screen when it loads?

What error are you getting when trying to boot your dash or Slayers CD?

gamer1st

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2004, 03:49:00 PM »

up and running!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the way to go is to hook your pc dvd into the xbox and load from there. I tried to install a dash about fifty times with a cdrw with no luck. It installed the first time and perfectly this way. You take a pc dvd drive and plug the ribbon cable fron the xbox drive into it and get a power spliter (I made one from two old pc fan connectors) and split the power from the xbox hdd by connecting one end into the hdd and the other into the pc dvd. Then you open both drives at the same time and insert your dash boot disc into the pc dvd drive and a game into the original xbox drive. Push both drives in at the same time and bingo!!!!!!! I didn't think this up, I found it on the web in a few places.

arjkar

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2004, 06:04:00 PM »

lol I juss posted that two messages above. anyhow gj, and gl =)