xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Xenium Lcd  (Read 671 times)

spicymeatball911

• Archived User
Xenium Lcd
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2004, 12:31:00 PM »

See, if there was a way to keep the LCD on while the xbox was off, that would be cool, just so you could turn the xbox on with it. And maybe it had a clock whe it was off or something. When you think about it its kinda dumb, but when you don't its pretty cool. I try not to think much.

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
Xenium Lcd
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2004, 01:41:00 PM »

I doubt that you could turn the box on with the remote, I could be mistaken, but I think a physical switch is necessary to power on the XBOX.

actually power is just like an ATX based PC... it's a soft mobo activated switch...

aparently you've never heard of the xIR
http://cheaplpc.com/xir/default.asp

oblox

• Archived User
Xenium Lcd
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2004, 01:45:00 PM »

QUOTE (spicymeatball911 @ Feb 24 2004, 10:31 PM)
See, if there was a way to keep the LCD on while the xbox was off, that would be cool, just so you could turn the xbox on with it. And maybe it had a clock whe it was off or something. When you think about it its kinda dumb, but when you don't its pretty cool. I try not to think much.

The box is never off though (as far as I know) I'm not sure how the chip on the LPC bus would be able to control anything in the low power state

spicymeatball911

• Archived User
Xenium Lcd
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2004, 02:47:00 PM »

QUOTE (twistedsymphony @ Feb 24 2004, 11:41 PM)
aparently you've never heard of the xIR

cap269

• Archived User
Xenium Lcd
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2004, 03:32:00 PM »

QUOTE (twistedsymphony @ Feb 24 2004, 11:41 PM)
actually power is just like an ATX based PC... it's a soft mobo activated switch...

I knew it was a soft switch... XIR uses their own circuit board to access the switch and control modchips. I don't think Xenium can turn the box on from its off state. It might, though. It's a pretty amazing chip!

Tidusblitz111

• Archived User
Xenium Lcd
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2004, 04:06:00 PM »

I have installed my Xenium with O.S. 1.1, I have avalaunch .48.64, I have XBMP, I have DVDX and I have Evoxm7, now why the hell would I want a LCD to tell me whic bios I am running(for example when I have no T.V where my comp. is when ftp'ing) when O.S. 1.1 tells you which Bios you are running when you select which L.E.D. to use, for example, when I boot M7, I have it to green, when I boot to Xecuter I have white....

It is just a fashion accessory to make it look gangsta h4xor....

Tommy Vercetti

• Archived User
Xenium Lcd
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2004, 04:08:00 PM »

blink.gif

Do you people still own TV's with knobs?  Or get up to change the channel?  HELLO!  I turn my TV on and off with a REMOTE.

greengiant

• Archived User
Xenium Lcd
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2004, 06:15:00 PM »

The xbox can provide power to a device, even if its off via the 3.3v STBY.

The 3.3v stby is NOT available on the LPC. SO there will be need of special connector or soldering.

It is possible to provide power to the XEN while the xbox is off, but then comes into play if it was made to work even if the xbox is off. Since cromwell is doing the work, that means the xbox is doing the work. For it to be able to stuff while the xbox is off, the CPLD or other controller (which it doesnt have) would need to do the work.

Corspegrinder99

• Archived User
Xenium Lcd
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2004, 06:25:00 PM »

smile.gif

spicymeatball911

• Archived User
Xenium Lcd
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2004, 07:33:00 PM »

Well actually, the people who will reallly want an LCD will be

the true CASE MODDERS at heart, the people with 2 color paint jobs, dvd windows, custom jewels, leds, cc, and who of these fine people wouldn't want a sexy LCD to throw on the front. I know thats why I want one, just the way I am.

Tidusblitz111

• Archived User
Xenium Lcd
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2004, 08:41:00 PM »

Give me a break, it's just to show off, if you are really that serious about it, why don't you get a Gameboy Advance Sp and the TFT adaptor,for the game boy, that way, you place the gameboy in the connection cradle, and your gameboy turns into a T.v. screen, that you can make a case mod, and have like a 3 inch TFT type screen, mod that turns you box into a T.V. screen and gaming syste in one...

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
Xenium Lcd
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2004, 09:22:00 PM »

wink.gif

bucko

• Recovered User
Xenium Lcd
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2004, 05:15:00 AM »

USB: the xbox already has 4 of these and if you're using actual USB devices you can always add USB hubs for more devices.

I meant USB 2. And for things like ps2 connections, well ps2 converters are a rip of (yer, yer USB keyboard already got one no what you mean).

Though what I'm saying is. Not for games, but to drive Linux forward. Obviously we would have to add specialized support but it would be great. Lots of general non-usb stuff could be added. And essentialy turn it into a useable pc, meaning everyone has got a ps2 keyboard and maybe people have got usb 2 hard drives etc. Would be great for Linux.

Hey were can I get these Cheap LCD displays in the UK, I mean I aint got an Xenium but I want it for my PC. Cheaper than them Matrix specialized pc's versions huh?

oblox

• Archived User
Xenium Lcd
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2004, 05:29:00 AM »

QUOTE (Tommy Vercetti @ Feb 25 2004, 02:08 AM)
Everyone acts like turning the Xbox on with a remote is a god sent gift. blink.gif

Do you people still own TV's with knobs?  Or get up to change the channel?  HELLO!  I turn my TV on and off with a REMOTE.

No you don't you just send it into a standby mode

EDIT spicymeatball911 why don't you create a flip type or hidden version, you know where you flip up or to the side a panel or just flip up and twist around a piece of the front... just a thought

Tommy Vercetti

• Archived User
Xenium Lcd
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2004, 06:30:00 AM »

biggrin.gif
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7