xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Xenium Lcd  (Read 655 times)

Tommy Vercetti

• Archived User
Xenium Lcd
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2004, 01:24:00 PM »

QUOTE (Corspegrinder99 @ Feb 22 2004, 04:17 PM)
QUOTE (vincenzo @ Feb 22 2004, 09:16 PM)
ehehe bye bye smart(shit)xx   biggrin.gif

yeah lol

what does the SmartXX have now that the Xenium dosent?

Duh,   Crypt Stealth Leve 1! laugh.gif

I had a feeling that the Xenium was going to use that SPI port exactly for this upgrade.  Was just a matter of time.   I mean,  did you really think they were going to let it slip?  Anyone,  its nice.   I am interested.  

And everyone knocks it,  cant knock it till you tried it right?

cap269

• Archived User
Xenium Lcd
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2004, 01:56:00 PM »

QUOTE (EvilWays @ Feb 22 2004, 11:17 PM)
Debug BIOSes perhaps? I'm looking at dual VGA debugs (for comparison purposes) + standard debug BIOS...that's 1.5MB there.

Then you are one of the few that could benefit from a larger flash space, and should get the bigger chip. However, for the average joe, 1 MB of Flash BIOS space is plenty.

Tommy Vercetti

• Archived User
Xenium Lcd
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2004, 02:15:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

user posted image

Josh Adams

• Archived User
Xenium Lcd
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2004, 02:49:00 PM »

anyone else notice that the SmartXX box in Tommy Vercetti picture above has no power?

maybe another bullshit marketing scam like crypto stealth level 1.

announce the features, then develop them sounds like SmartXX's style.

also has anybody noticed this SmartXX picture has some fucked up text overlapping on the LCD:

user posted image

what the hell does the stuff below mean? Is it in German?

Welcome to Selec
Original Bios
tion Menu

whats up with these SmartXX guys, it all sounds way too fishy.

ned_glenn

• Archived User
Xenium Lcd
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2004, 03:32:00 PM »

I'd be interested.

The price point for the chip and LCD would have to be around $70 as a kit, and include some type of MP3-ID3 tag read-out.

Mike117

• Archived User
Xenium Lcd
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2004, 03:45:00 PM »

QUOTE (Tommy Vercetti @ Feb 23 2004, 12:15 AM)
A little laugh posted over in the OzXodus forums.   biggrin.gif

user posted image

Soldering is no problem for me.

I made another post saying this, but i will say it again. SmartXX has more memory. Many of you say that it is useless and not at all necessary and that is true right now but in months when the X3 bios is released it will be big and you may not be able to fit it on your chip. Yes, you guys may hate Team Xecuter but the do make awesome bioses and push the envelope with every new release and other bios makers only follow in their footsteps as they make the advances.

Josh Adams

• Archived User
Xenium Lcd
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2004, 03:49:00 PM »

Yes, you guys may hate Team Xecuter but the do make awesome bioses and push the envelope with every new release and other bios makers only follow in their footsteps as they make the advances.

Is that why EvoX M7 supported Focus chipsets before any X2 releases did?

I haven't seen EvoX release a bios with bugs yet, maybe they are still trying to follow in Xecuter's footsteps on that one!

By the way, EvolutionX team don't have kernel (bios) sources and Xecuter do and they still manage!

Frop

• Archived User
Xenium Lcd
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2004, 04:07:00 PM »

Dunno why anyone wants more than 256k on a chip.

Go buy a cheapmod...

Right now its just nice to be able to run debug bios's. Also, you guys keep talking about some sort of bios mp3 player... I dont think the Xenium would have space for one.

3mb is a little more then we all need now probably, but its cool to have, I know I can easily fill mine up. Possibly there will be 1mb and up BIOSs and the SmartXX will support them with room to spare.

Large memory is a much better feature then a slightly better LCD. I personally don't think there will be a use for the LCD for quite some time...

SniperKilla

• Archived User
Xenium Lcd
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2004, 04:22:00 PM »

QUOTE (Tommy Vercetti @ Feb 22 2004, 11:15 PM)
A little laugh posted over in the OzXodus forums.   biggrin.gif

user posted image

wow and the smartxx LCD looks 1000x better in the xbox then the xenium one, that thing is fucking massive

heinrich

• Archived User
Xenium Lcd
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2004, 04:25:00 PM »

QUOTE (Josh Adams @ Feb 22 2004, 08:49 PM)
Yes, you guys may hate Team Xecuter but the do make awesome bioses and push the envelope with every new release and other bios makers only follow in their footsteps as they make the advances.

Is that why EvoX M7 supported Focus chipsets before any X2 releases did?

I haven't seen EvoX release a bios with bugs yet, maybe they are still trying to follow in Xecuter's footsteps on that one!

By the way, EvolutionX team don't have kernel (bios) sources and Xecuter do and they still manage!

ya, evox did a lot of things first, like that one nifty feature... 'hdd swap' I think it was called.  Xecuter used to give credit to evox for that hack in their "bios features", but it seems that line has been removed now.

and I think we have seen the end of the line as for xecuter bios's for all.  An op in #teamxecuter told a user yesterday that the x3 would probably not work on other chips.

Corspegrinder99

• Archived User
Xenium Lcd
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2004, 04:38:00 PM »

QUOTE (Xbox-Savage @ Feb 22 2004, 10:56 PM)
QUOTE (Frop @ Feb 22 2004, 06:41 PM)
LCD isnt that great of a feature until its empowered by some good software. If XBMC supports it, that would be dope.

SmartXX and Xenium are like the same chip guys, the only reason I'm going for the SmartXX is 3mb of flash vs 1mb. That is a feature that really matters.

wtf do you need 3mb of bios space for?? you only need one bios that is 256k.  blink.gif

that is what i said

Corspegrinder99

• Archived User
Xenium Lcd
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2004, 04:39:00 PM »

QUOTE (SniperKilla @ Feb 23 2004, 02:22 AM)
QUOTE (Tommy Vercetti @ Feb 22 2004, 11:15 PM)
A little laugh posted over in the OzXodus forums.   biggrin.gif

user posted image

wow and the smartxx LCD looks 1000x better in the xbox then the xenium one, that thing is fucking massive

you could get a smaller LCD....

greengiant

• Archived User
Xenium Lcd
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2004, 05:12:00 PM »

The LCD being used on the Xenium as example is the 634 model by CrystalFontz which costs $45 USD + SHipping.

Thats pretty costly for just an LCD. They will have to come out with a SPI->Parallel converter unti for those that donot wish to spend SO much money on an lcd and can buy a cheap $10 Hitachi based LCD.

So.. whats better $$ of xenium + $45 for lcd,  or $$ of smartxx + soldering + $10 lcd

Ill leave it upto you to decide.

Also, with the smartxx, dont worry about soldering, since the pins are at the end of the board a simple connector can be made (under $1) so you dont have to solder at all. Looks like a ISA socket on a motherboard.

stealth

• Archived User
Xenium Lcd
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2004, 06:05:00 PM »

QUOTE (Frop @ Feb 23 2004, 02:07 AM)
Dunno why anyone wants more than 256k on a chip.

Go buy a cheapmod...

Right now its just nice to be able to run debug bios's. Also, you guys keep talking about some sort of bios mp3 player... I dont think the Xenium would have space for one.

3mb is a little more then we all need now probably, but its cool to have, I know I can easily fill mine up. Possibly there will be 1mb and up BIOSs and the SmartXX will support them with room to spare.

Large memory is a much better feature then a slightly better LCD. I personally don't think there will be a use for the LCD for quite some time...

That is the whole point of PBL.  You can run as many different bioses as you want.  Debug or not tongue.gif

Flagg3

• Archived User
Xenium Lcd
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2004, 07:17:00 PM »

wink.gif

Flagg
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7