xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Red Light...xenium O.s Update?  (Read 227 times)

Tidusblitz111

• Archived User
Red Light...xenium O.s Update?
« on: February 19, 2004, 07:24:00 PM »

I put the new xenium o.s. on a cd and when I went into "recovery mode" I put the cd in, and the box has a red l.e.d on it...does this mean it is updating?

cap269

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2004, 07:27:00 PM »

The power led or the xenium led? If the power led is blinking red, it's updating the OS

shadowarachh

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2004, 07:34:00 PM »

mine didnt flash the new os till i reset the box...

Tidusblitz111

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2004, 07:35:00 PM »

SHIT!!! Now, when I go into recovery mode, the xbox power led flashes green for 3 secs. and turns off....by the way, when it does this  it sounds like the dvd is working over time maybe I can't update my o.s.

cap269

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2004, 07:35:00 PM »

It's done. Reboot it and see if 1.1 doesn't appear on your screen. Different people have had mixed results about the auto-reboot thing. Mine didn't reboot either, but after a manual reboot, the new OS is up and running.

Cheers.

cap269

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2004, 07:36:00 PM »

QUOTE (Tidusblitz111 @ Feb 20 2004, 05:35 AM)
SHIT!!! Now, when I go into recovery mode, the xbox power led flashes green for 3 secs. and turns off....by the way, when it does this  it sounds like the dvd is working over time maybe I can't update my o.s.

Take the disk out, reboot the XBOX and see what version comes up on the splash screen. Chances are you're already updated.

Tidusblitz111

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2004, 07:42:00 PM »

No.... after it turned off, I pressed the big button on the box, and the screen still has the res. problem, and it looks the same.... Xenium....first it won't autodetect my bios and now, it won't update Xenium...

Here is a detailed Xenium O.S. update: I burned the new ISO for OS on cd-r, obviously my phillips reads memorex... then, I boot xbox, insert ISO disc,  and O.S. 1.0 comes on, I choose "Recovery Mode" then, after 3 secs of my Xbox Power L.E.D. flashing green, my box turns off... then I press the small power button and 1.0 comes on...maybe I have a faulty chip...

Tidusblitz111

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2004, 07:55:00 PM »

come..on...work xenium! Work...why?!! WHY WON'T YOU UPDATE?!

Tidusblitz111

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2004, 08:02:00 PM »

Somebody...help me I am desperate....

Morglum

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2004, 08:14:00 PM »

Just burn the ISO they provide for you, put in the CD and goto recovery mode. It'll say about safe mode for a few seconds, your XBOX will start to FRAG, and the writing will say "got from cd!". When it says that check the LEDs on your Xenium, they should be green.

Once theyre green press the eject button for about a second, take the CD out and then power off your XBOX. Thats all there is to updating.

If you screwed it up, flick the switch on your Xenium and put the CD in and it should do the same thing to recover itself.

oblox

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2004, 08:53:00 PM »

If you cannot 'goto recovery mode' flip the switch (so the white is showing) on the xenium then boot and stick the CD in the drive.

My Xenium has started to act a little better now I flipped the switch and did a recovery... I can get my original bios atleast 1 in 3 times through a normal boot

I'm beginning to wonder if it is just a flaw in using fujitech's pinheader.
(I'll try soldering to the top D0 point tomorrow)

Tidusblitz111

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2004, 09:03:00 PM »

That is what I am trying to say Morglum, I put the bios on a cd-r(I cannot tell if it says HALt because the res for my t.v. thing is messed up(I have Focus chip) So, when I put the switch on the chip to uncover the white tab, and turn it on, it does not show Safe mode or anything it just shows a crappy pic. of a Xenium in the middle, and some cut off yellow writing in the top left , and when I put in the disc for it to update, the light on the chip turns off, and the power on the box L.E.D. turns red...

When I try it by going putting the switch on the chip to cover the white tab, then I go to Recovery Mode, and when it enters recovery mode I put the disc in and it does the same thing as above....

The only change is, when I put the disc in before going to recovery mode, then when I go to recovery mode the L.E.D on the chip turns off, and the Xbox L.E.D. flashes green and the dvd drive spins real hard and the box shuts off... then when I reboot, the dvd spins real hard, then it boots to 1.0

Maybe it's cuz my dvd cannot read cd-r? But, When I tried to load evoxM7 it said got File or something like that...

oblox

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2004, 09:11:00 PM »

Did you put some large junk files on the disc with the recovery.bin???

Something like 1 or 2 files equating to 300+ megs

Tidusblitz111

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2004, 09:13:00 PM »

Yeah, I didn't just put the Update, I put a couple of large random files..? Why?

oblox

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2004, 09:16:00 PM »

The drives that don't normal read normal CD's (AKA non-xbox formatted disc) - and some that do - can have problems picking up small files on disc the large files help the drive is all

EDIT Try taking the chip off (make sure the D0 pin is okay) and carefully place it back on... I also you could try twisting it a little (no force or next to none!) clockwise
Pages: [1] 2