xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: XOS Update coming soon!  (Read 294 times)

froggster

• Archived User
XOS Update coming soon!
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2004, 01:05:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

in my frenzy to update i forgot my manners

froggster

• Archived User
XOS Update coming soon!
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2004, 01:08:00 PM »

tongue.gif

flamelan

• Archived User
XOS Update coming soon!
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2004, 01:10:00 PM »

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif
That was a funny one!!!

vladivar

• Archived User
XOS Update coming soon!
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2004, 01:10:00 PM »

blink.gif  The XboX  plays games?!?!               learn loads in theese forums tongue.gif

oblox

• Archived User
XOS Update coming soon!
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2004, 01:18:00 PM »

Mine been running for hrs and many reboots too it's okay for me.
From other messages I got I think there busy ironing out the last problem (that of the original bios not booting properly for some people - me being one of them).

I'll bet they'll release it once it's fixed

Oh and your all welcome

EDIT I did have it go funny on the upgrade though I did it from within the OS and on the e: drive and had to reboot it manually (wait 20 mins and it was still on the safemode screen) rebooted okay though.

froggster

• Archived User
XOS Update coming soon!
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2004, 01:53:00 PM »

blink.gif

oblox

• Archived User
XOS Update coming soon!
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2004, 01:57:00 PM »

sad.gif

EDIT Seriously I was just in the right place at the right time lol

oblox

• Archived User
XOS Update coming soon!
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2004, 02:38:00 PM »

Note THIS IS JUST MY VIEWPOINT ON THE CODE

I've not tried it (don't have a spare HD) but by the looks of the Hex the 'Smart Drive Upgrade' is for putting a HD inplace of the DVD and then setting it up to replace your original HD.

EmperorPsiblade

• Archived User
XOS Update coming soon!
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2004, 04:22:00 PM »

god.... this update is taking FOREVER! yes i got the leaked 1.1

BUT I NEED MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!1

oblox

• Archived User
XOS Update coming soon!
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2004, 04:23:00 PM »

sad.gif

EmperorPsiblade

• Archived User
XOS Update coming soon!
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2004, 05:29:00 PM »

laugh.gif

oblox

• Archived User
XOS Update coming soon!
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2004, 06:53:00 PM »

OzXodus proudly presents Xenium-OS V1.1
20th February 2003

============
BUGS FIXED
============

- Focus/Component video support: Xenium-OS will now work with component video cables (HDTV) on V1.4 & V1.5 consoles.

- Focus video resolution: Xenium-OS resolution for the focus chipset has been increased to 800x600 so all screens are identical for Conexant & Focus owners.

- Boot without controllers: There is no longer a need for a controller to be present when booting to a default bios from Xenium-OS.

- Controller compatibility: A range of third party controllers, steering wheels, lightguns and IR remotes are now compatible with the Xenium-OS. Please report any further incompatibilities on our message forums at http://www.ozxodus.com

- EEprom Tools LED warning: Console's power LED now changes to RED when saving EEprom data as a safety measure.

- Onscreen keyboard overlap with Focus chipset: Some keys were not visible when using a V1.4 or V1.5 console.

- HDD Browser bug: When exiting the browser without selecting a file, Xenium-OS will not lockup anymore.

==============
NEW FEATURES
==============

- Instant Boot ™: The ability to instantly boot your console using the default bios and skip the Xenium-OS splash page. Once enabled in the Xenium-OS settings menu you can power on your console using the power button and boot to the default bios, otherwise press the Eject button to start your console up in the Xenium-OS. No additional hardware install wires are required for this feature!!

- Onscreen Keyboard Upgrade: Symbols are now available for bios naming.

- Bank LED Colors: Assign a different color of the Xenium's LED to each bios bank. Default colors are Bank 1 = Green, Bank 2 = Red, Bank 3 = Blue, Bank 4 = Amber.

- Drive Info: Reports HDD model, capacity and lock status as well as DVD-Rom model.

- Lock/Unlock HDD: Lock or Unlock your HDD from Xenium-OS.

- Smart Drive Upgrade: Upgrade your HDD within Xenium-OS by replacing your DVD-Rom with a new HDD (set as Slave) for the duration of the cloning process. (Works with with source drives < 137Gb).

- Copy Partitions: Copy a HDD's partition to another HDD. Supports Partitions C,E,F,X,Y and Z.

- Format Partitions: Individually format your C,E,F,X,Y and Z partitions.

- Autodetection of X2 4981 series bioses.

- IR Support: You can navigate the Xenium-OS with your IR remote control using the following button mappings.

============
KNOWN BUGS
============

- When two devices are inserted into both memory card slots on a single controller, Xenium-OS navigation is not possible. To resolve this problem simply remove one device. Fault confirmed with 2 x memory cards as well as 1 x memory card and 1 x voice communicator.

- Controller button sensitivity may vary depending on what controller combinations are installed into what ports.

- Failure to boot Original Bios, this bug has been documented on our forums although at this point we have not been able to simulate the fault. We suggest that if you experiance this problem that you use a bios bank to enter the MS Dashboard and confirm your date and time settings are correct, thus far this is the most effective way to rectify the problem.

I have 1.1 OS installed and could not get my original bios to boot (not on any regular basis anyway)
So I set my Original Bios to be my default and turned 'Instant Boot ?' on and now if it has a problem it just reboots a couple of times and my original bios kicks in!

cap269

• Archived User
XOS Update coming soon!
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2004, 06:54:00 PM »

IT's OUT NOW! Go get it

oblox

• Archived User
XOS Update coming soon!
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2004, 06:58:00 PM »

For those who installed 1.1 beta I could not get my recovery.bin file to work when it was uploaded to e:

Xeero

• Archived User
XOS Update coming soon!
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2004, 06:59:00 PM »

Putting recovery.bin on E:\ and booting into recovery mode worked perfectly for me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4