xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: I Think I Fried My Xbox  (Read 296 times)

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
I Think I Fried My Xbox
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2004, 09:09:00 AM »

http://hsdemonz.left...org/HALLofSHAME

Some people really should consider SOLDERLESS solutions to modding their XBOX.

Tidusblitz111

• Archived User
I Think I Fried My Xbox
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2004, 09:28:00 AM »

Shit, is pinheader install really that difficult, and what wires do  you have to buy to do it? Man, If that is a Pin header install, then I think I should go quick-solder, no having to deal with LPC-something or others....

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
I Think I Fried My Xbox
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2004, 09:55:00 AM »

rotfl.gif

you might want to recheck pin 1 + 11...

biggrin.gif

Are you checking this by touching the pins? (assuming they are still in there) or by direct contact to the LPC?

(I can't believe I'm still trying to help...)

beerchug.gif

KlanXX

• Archived User
I Think I Fried My Xbox
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2004, 10:00:00 AM »

by touching the pins.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
I Think I Fried My Xbox
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2004, 10:03:00 AM »

QUOTE (Tidusblitz111 @ Feb 5 2004, 02:28 PM)
Shit, is pinheader install really that difficult, and what wires do  you have to buy to do it? Man, If that is a Pin header install, then I think I should go quick-solder, no having to deal with LPC-something or others....

No.. PINHEADER can be one of the easiest methods.  Especially if your LPC hole are clean to start with.

His mistake.. apparently.. was being ignorant or arrogant.. or both.. and thinking he knew what he was doing.

Do not Let KLAXX' fuckup deter you from trying one of the preferred methods of installing a modchip.

Pin Header Install when done right is a clean and simple process. However.. learn from KLAXX mistakes.

Test soldering on something not important.. like DEAD radio pcb.. or dead video card etc.  Read the guides in the Tut section.  Don't be afraid because there are alot of them.

We have guides on basic soldering, basic method to fix fuckups.. etc.

It's all pretty much a matter of reading.

His biggest mistake.. and most laughable.. was he removed the proper pin from the pin header.. and still managed to put it in the wrong place. (on his first attempt.. he "fixes" this on his second)

Study the Chip install diagrams over and over.. and match them to your motherboard.  Keep them onscreen.. or print them large.

Mistakes like this don't need to happen.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
I Think I Fried My Xbox
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2004, 10:04:00 AM »

QUOTE (KlanXX @ Feb 5 2004, 02:28 PM)
u put me on ur web iste man that ain't cool.......

Someone had to be the first.

Trust me.. you won't be the last.  Lefty got some even worse than yours.. from people who fucked up big time.

... not much worse mind you ...

beerchug.gif

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
I Think I Fried My Xbox
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2004, 10:07:00 AM »

Can you take a few more pictures.. CLOSE UP.. and take the time or use the setting to FOCUS on the pins TOP and BOTTOM so we can see if there are any bridges.

You'd be surprised what we can see in a picture.. that you might not be able to.. while you are sitting there feeling frustrated.

Tidusblitz111

• Archived User
I Think I Fried My Xbox
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2004, 10:13:00 AM »

ok, I was going to do a quick-solder originally, but if Pinheader is more reliable, then I will definitely go that route!  I do have one question though...when I was 10 I got a Rumble Robot, and used it once. I

am now 13, and decided I should open it up and practice soldering before my chip gets here(I ordered from Xbox-wired on the first). Anyways, I opened up the rumble robot, heated up a solder pad to the audio and disconnected a wire. when I turned on my R.R. no audio came up. Well, I soldered it back on and the audio comes on now, what I am asking, is if this is the type of work I will be doing on the xbox(as far as difficulty.)?

P.S. sorry for such a long post.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
I Think I Fried My Xbox
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2004, 10:21:00 AM »

QUOTE (Tidusblitz111 @ Feb 5 2004, 03:13 PM)
ok, I was going to do a quick-solder originally, but if Pinheader is more reliable, then I will definitely go that route!  I do have one question though...when I was 10 I got a Rumble Robot, and used it once. I

am now 13, and decided I should open it up and practice soldering before my chip gets here(I ordered from Xbox-wired on the first). Anyways, I opened up the rumble robot, heated up a solder pad to the audio and disconnected a wire. when I turned on my R.R. no audio came up. Well, I soldered it back on and the audio comes on now, what I am asking, is if this is the type of work I will be doing on the xbox(as far as difficulty.)?

P.S. sorry for such a long post.

Doing a quick solder method.. is not advisable for you.  Quick Solder is mostly a holdover for the pro installers.  It's there so that can quickly mod a box and get it out the door without removing alot of extra screws and removing the motherboard.

Also.. Quick Solder method will be a pain for the average modder to remove later down the road if you decide to remove the chip.

My recommendation.. any method OTHER THAN the quick solder method.

As for your practice.. sounds like you got the right idea.  Keep in mind that the spots you will do on the XBOX will likley be much smaller.

If you don't have FLUX.. get some. Some Braid too.  Check the TUT section for beginers guides to soldering etc.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
I Think I Fried My Xbox
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2004, 10:23:00 AM »

QUOTE (guitardork864 @ Feb 5 2004, 03:13 PM)
lol hsdemonz if i sent you a pic of my 1.4 mobo you'd put me on your site.  Your right, btw.  In my case, its NOT a good idea for a soldering n00b to test his skills soldering a 29 wire homebrew on his only xbox mother board lol.  BTW Hsdemonz, i'd consider it an honor to be on your site.  my mobo is truly f'ed up, it has like 1 broken trace and like 6 burnt ones.

Please send it.

Being in the HALL of SHAME is about fucking up.. and being able to laugh at it.

You learned from the experience right? That's what really counts.

Have you got that all fixed? Either way.. hook me up plz. smile.gif

evoxreloaded

• Archived User
I Think I Fried My Xbox
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2004, 10:26:00 AM »

i dont get how anyone would wanna do this to there board!!!

EmperorPsiblade

• Archived User
I Think I Fried My Xbox
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2004, 11:53:00 AM »

laugh.gif

evoxreloaded

• Archived User
I Think I Fried My Xbox
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2004, 12:07:00 PM »

some people got it some people dont... scotty dont... and i second what the deadguy said... me and another guy at work got a hell of a kick out of this thread and those pics are priceless....thanx klanxx i dotn wanna bash you but that was funny....

::EDIT::   There he confirmed it... you really just made everyones day here... I was gonna go burn so i could get my work done faster but this shit was great..... now all of the ITs(well there is only 4 of us here) are rollin because of that pic....

Chancer

• Archived User
I Think I Fried My Xbox
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2004, 12:20:00 PM »

PINHEADER can be one of the easiest methods

Absolutely. I reckon every chip should be that way. I usually fit a pinheader when doing Aladdins and if you work through it carefully it is very straight forward.
I think sometimes people maybe guess how and where the mod should fit rather than spend an hour or so looking at and printing off the install pictures.
PS the gallery is great and some really neat PS2 installs on the site too.

Tidusblitz111

• Archived User
I Think I Fried My Xbox
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2004, 12:39:00 PM »

Ok, I am definitely not a soldering expert, but I sure as hell can tell that you need um... well more practice than I can imagine! Anyways, would anyone mind telling me what flux is?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6