xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Ozxodus Install Guides?  (Read 333 times)

alexh

• Archived User
Ozxodus Install Guides?
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2004, 08:33:00 AM »

smile.gif

Alex

resolost

• Archived User
Ozxodus Install Guides?
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2004, 08:50:00 AM »

in being a noob with a chip on the way i agree with alexh....and is it for sure that v1.4 and v1.5 need to have power wires? ive hurd of it but it seems to be either rumer or kinda like no one wants to talk about it

alexh

• Archived User
Ozxodus Install Guides?
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2004, 09:17:00 AM »

Yes you are right, they can tap power from different pins on the LPC port

user posted image

However these are not wired up in the Chameleon Solderless adapter and so you need it if you are using a chameleon solderless adapter.

I am sure that when they launch the Xenium solderless adapter this removable connector will be redundant. Seems quite an expensive luxury to me.

Cheers

Alex

resolost

• Archived User
Ozxodus Install Guides?
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2004, 09:27:00 AM »

yea i am planning on using the pin header to attach mine once i get it...

Orgasmic Chilli

• Archived User
Ozxodus Install Guides?
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2004, 11:08:00 AM »

same here. pin header. but isn't there the need to attach this chip to a big hole in the motherboard with a screw or something. like with the chameleon and the xecuter?

Flagg3

• Archived User
Ozxodus Install Guides?
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2004, 12:26:00 PM »

QUOTE (degull @ Jan 19 2004, 07:42 AM)
The following is a brief description of the componentry found on the XENIUM as seen in the recently released sneak preview photos.

* Removable D0 Connector - This connector and wire loom will allow the modchip to be removed without any desoldering when installed using the Pin Header option.

According to the decription of the Xenium posted, the D0 connector should be included with the chip, not just with solderless adapter.  I hope.

It doesn't appear to ship with the chip, but it definitely should.  Unlike the solderless adapter, EVERYONE would want to use the removeable d0 connector.  Considering it's maybe a 10 cent piece it should ship with the chip instead of making us have to go find one at Radio Shack instead.

Flagg

degull

• Archived User
Ozxodus Install Guides?
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2004, 01:38:00 PM »

Why would they advertise that as one of the feature then not deliver?

JesseWHHS

• Archived User
Ozxodus Install Guides?
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2004, 01:40:00 PM »

sorry if this is a dumb question but.............

im gonna use my Chameleon solderless adapter, so that wil work rite? Thanx.

Also does anyone have an extra solderless adapter screw? i mialed mine with my old chameleon, not sure why. LOL. anywayz i need a new one, thanx.

NightHawk117

• Archived User
Ozxodus Install Guides?
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2004, 01:53:00 PM »

QUOTE (JesseWHHS @ Jan 19 2004, 11:40 PM)
sorry if this is a dumb question but.............

im gonna use my Chameleon solderless adapter, so that wil work rite? Thanx.

Also does anyone have an extra solderless adapter screw? i mialed mine with my old chameleon, not sure why. LOL. anywayz i need a new one, thanx.

Yes you can use the Chameleon adpater but your box must be a 1.3 or earlier I believe, please correct me if im wrong.

alexh

• Archived User
Ozxodus Install Guides?
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2004, 02:10:00 PM »

QUOTE (Orgasmic Chilli @ Jan 19 2004, 09:08 PM)
isn't there the need to attach this chip to a big hole in the motherboard with a screw or something. like with the chameleon and the xecuter?

I've fitted LOTS of chameleons, and you dont have to GND via the screw connection.

Alex

JesseWHHS

• Archived User
Ozxodus Install Guides?
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2004, 02:18:00 PM »

OK, cool. i have a 1.0 xbox as stated in my sig. but i STILL need a screw!!! LOL. please sumone PM if u have an extra laying around.

AE6689

• Archived User
Ozxodus Install Guides?
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2004, 02:23:00 PM »

Just go to your local home depot and buy one.  From the looks of the pictures its just a machine screw

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
Ozxodus Install Guides?
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2004, 03:08:00 PM »

Gotta admit.. those guides are not the best the could be.. alot of info missing or assumed.

People having never burned a bios disk may be frustrated by the limited instructions given.

NightHawk117

• Archived User
Ozxodus Install Guides?
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2004, 05:36:00 PM »

Sooner or later once the chips start to get into peoples hands, new improved tutorials will be written from regular people. I doubt OzXodus will make new ones.

Flagg3

• Archived User
Ozxodus Install Guides?
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2004, 06:24:00 PM »

Shouldn't be anything special.  As long as you are using media that you know your Xbox can read.  Most boxes have Thompson drives which can't read CD-Rs, so you will need to use a CD-RW or a DVD-/+R.  The dummy file isn't required, but again - some boxes have trouble reading discs with small amounts of data on them and so a 100mb dummy file makes it more likely that your xbox will be able to read the disc.

The best way to determine if your xbox can read a certain type of media is to test it BEFORE you put the modchip in.  Simply burn an audio CD on the media that you plan to use and test to see if the MS Dashboard can play it.  Again, Thompson drives are the most finicky and for those it's best to use CD-RW media burned at no higher than 4x.

Flagg

Pages: 1 [2] 3