xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Xenium Vs X3  (Read 675 times)

ZildjianKX

• Archived User
Xenium Vs X3
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2004, 06:58:00 PM »

Am I the only one who thinks the future development of Xbox modchips is pointless?  All these new features and marketing stuff are just shit I don't care about.

The only things I even care about in a modchip are:

1 meg of BIOS memory
Software flashable
USB flashable
And pin header and pogo pin options
Can turn be disabled

The rest is just crap to me.  All a modchip needs to really do is hold a BIOS and be flashable... that's been done... now modchips makers are just trying to milk the scene with what's "new and great"... when honestly a USB flashable version of the Xecuter 2 Pro would have been all anyone could ever really need.

Xeero

• Archived User
Xenium Vs X3
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2004, 07:04:00 PM »

I agree that the comparison table is biased, but who expected it to be completely impartial?  Xecuter gets money from their chips, as does Xodus from theirs.  Every other business in the world uses spin its advertisements.  This is no different.  It's not lying or misleading...it's marketing.  There's a fine line.

feflicker

• Archived User
Xenium Vs X3
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2004, 08:08:00 PM »

laugh.gif

All I can say is this: When people come to me and ask for the best modchip/bios on the market, I say X2 and X2... And I have installed/used all of the gen3 chips  beerchug.gif

And glancing at the "features" of the new 4th gen chips, I'd have to once again say Xecuter... But to be fair, I obviously haven't tried any of them yet  jester.gif

One thing everyone needs to understand: To consumers, such as myself, we don't care who thought of what first, who got the "scoop", who has the best publicity, etc. All We care about is getting the best product for our $, that is why I prefer Xecuter... Not because of any other childish reasons, such as infighting or "mod-wars" wink.gif

feflicker

• Archived User
Xenium Vs X3
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2004, 08:14:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

BTW, I have installed/used Matrix and Chameleon... So I am not impartial because I haven't even seen the other chips... Just my opinion...

BlitzPA9

• Archived User
Xenium Vs X3
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2004, 08:21:00 PM »

The Executer team is a joke, plain and simple.  They wage these internet scene wars like 13-year olds because they know they're behind in development.  Plain and simple, the Xodus team has always been ahead of them and the only thing they can do is take lame shots at them through news postings feature charts.  I will buy whichever chip comes out first, which clearly will be the Xenium.  This same exact thing happened with the Xodus Matrix release, Xecuter flipped when they realized they were outdone so they bashed the pogo-pins and the 256k memory while they scrambled to throw a chip together with a few useless improvements and get them out the door while EasyBuy was struggling to keep up with the demand for Xodus chips.  If Executer somehow gets their chip out before OzXodus then they may get the last laugh, but from what I see, Executer is getting it raw in the pooper from Xodus, just like the last generation of chips.

feflicker

• Archived User
Xenium Vs X3
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2004, 08:25:00 PM »

wink.gif

Flagg3

• Archived User
Xenium Vs X3
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2004, 08:52:00 PM »

lurk.gif

Flagg

Xbox-Savage

• Archived User
Xenium Vs X3
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2004, 09:07:00 PM »

cool.gif  Im an Xecuter user till i die or until somebody else makes something better  rolleyes.gif

Morglum

• Archived User
Xenium Vs X3
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2004, 09:11:00 PM »

QUOTE (Xbox-Savage @ Jan 9 2004, 07:07 AM)
cool.gif  Im an Xecuter user till i die or until somebody else makes something better  rolleyes.gif

So you're getting the Xenium in a few weeks then  biggrin.gif

jokk

• Archived User
Xenium Vs X3
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2004, 09:31:00 PM »

smile.gif

user posted image

Bigger Better ? NO

ZildjianKX

• Archived User
Xenium Vs X3
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2004, 10:16:00 PM »

QUOTE (jokk @ Jan 8 2004, 10:31 PM)
MODCHIPS GeNeRaTioN.1

Xtender Vs. Enigmah (xecutor) and the winner Xtender for its full bios remplacement

MODCHIPS GeNeRaTioN.2

There is no exeuctor chip in this Generation.

MODCHIPS GeNeRaTioN.3a

Xecuter 1.0 & 1.1 vs Aladdin Pandora2 and the winner is Aladdin Pandora2 for supporting xbox v1.2

Modchip GeNeRaTioN.3b

X2 lite Vs Chameleon and the winner is Chameleon : flash tsop w/o addon, first mod with software controll (a15 controll)

X2 pro Vs NitroX and the winner is NitroX for its LPT port used to flash the chip (8months before X2 pro), controlled with power/eject button w/o addon

X2 pro Vs Xbit and the winner is Xbit for being the first usb flashable mod, controlled by eject/power button w/o addon..

Biased ? not really it's based on : Generation 3b mods comparison table

The legitimate question now is why there is so much X2 users ?
Because of the Big name of executor in the bios developement.
But as UberGeek stated their Bios is developed for free, so no relation with their mods.

<Iriez> xecuter bases their bios's off of the debug sources
It says all, executor won't share the kernel scrs to keep their big name.
Sharing those sources would bring great evolution in the bios developement but xecutor doesn't care.
Money Money, Money, Money....

I hope one day people will stop buying their mod cause of the hype made all around it... Stop trusting people implied in the buissness smile.gif

user posted image

Bigger Better ? NO

I'm not sure if I agree with the who mod comparisons... When I first got into the scene it was PC-BIOXX vs the Xecuter "No solder" chip, and of course I got the PC-BIOXX since it was actually flashable... but the Matrix was the best overall to me since it was software flashable.

The next gen I would was the Xecuter 2 Lite and Pro, followed by a very late Camelion, with the Pro winning since it was out so much sooner than the cameleon.

Psilocybe

• Archived User
Xenium Vs X3
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2004, 10:16:00 PM »

Where exactly is the X3? The only one I know of is made by BMW and that one works wonderfully. The virtual X3 is promising a 400 mhz cpld controller which will only ever be clocked at 33mhz. Imagine your BMW X3 with a 4.2 V8 engine and 200 miles per hour on the clock which is governed at 20 miles per hour!!

i'm pretty sure he meant the Z3, not x3 so this is out the door, thanks for trying to be funny though
We will not retaliate.

yet we get that whole big ass responce to the charts?  wow someone sounds scared
Only four samples of Xenium have been produced and shipped. Is it not funny that comparison tables are being done without ever having seen or used either product?
The side-splitting table we have seen reads more like the X3 wish list than actual reality.

hmm seems as though they do have your chip
user posted image
*edit, didn't notice someone already posted the pic, oh well

lookformeb

• Archived User
Xenium Vs X3
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2004, 10:18:00 PM »

QUOTE (Morglum @ Jan 9 2004, 01:11 AM)
QUOTE (Xbox-Savage @ Jan 9 2004, 07:07 AM)
cool.gif  Im an Xecuter user till i die or until somebody else makes something better  rolleyes.gif

So you're getting the Xenium in a few weeks then  biggrin.gif

If this is the kind of refutation we can expect from the Xenium community, Xecuter users will long see the day when they feel the need to purchase one of XeniumÂ’s products...

heinrich

• Archived User
Xenium Vs X3
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2004, 10:19:00 PM »

ZildjianKX, fyi, just to clear up jokk's comparisons, PC-BioXX == OpenXbox == NitroXX

red-force

• Archived User
Xenium Vs X3
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2004, 10:21:00 PM »

I don't think executer team reallizes how much "brand-loyalty" they have.  Ford and Chevy arn't going to go out up buisness just cause nissan introduces a really continder.  Hopefully it just makes those two companies work harder to develop better trucks.  There are way too many ppl who will buy ford or chevy just b/c of the name.  

Back to the scene, my hopes would be for all chip designers to not "bi*ch and whine" and just make kick butt chips that do the talking for them.  In that case it would be better for all us "consumers".

Anyways thats just my 2 cents.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8