xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: "fragged" My Chip :(  (Read 157 times)

Joes2Silly

• Archived User
"fragged" My Chip :(
« on: March 06, 2011, 12:39:00 PM »

Xecuter 5035 should have been a 512k bin file, but I could be wrong. It's been a while since I've worked on modchips, but this should work: first, you need to softmod your xbox and get it booting into Evox or some other software to flash your bios. Boot with the modchip off (there is a DIP switch for that, right?) then once you get into Evox or whatever, turn the chip on and flash with the proper bios. But since you have another xbox with the same modchip, you should just be able to 'hotswap' the modchip that is fragged over once you've booted into Evox or something, and you should be able to flash the fragged Xecuter 2.6

EDIT: That link is exactly what I was talking about, it should work....

wessidewb

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2011, 12:13:00 AM »

sad.gif

So after cracking both boxes opened i run into a snag.

The first box (my fragged chip) is immaculate, beautiful in all her glory. I tell myself this will be easy.
IPB Image

The xecuter 2.3blite+ seated.
IPB Image

Then, the second box. what a mess? the chip has been hardwired to the board.
IPB Image

same 2.3blite+ stamped chip.
IPB Image

Another suggestion?

xboxmods2977

• Recovered User
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 01:32:00 PM »

Yep. First, check to make sure the chip on the new xbox does indeed have a hacked bios on it (as in, boots homebrew OK), then flip the chip over and make sure all of the pogo pins on it still function. If so. de-solder each wire on your chip (at the LPC end) one at a time labeling them somehow so you know where they go (assuming you want to keep both consoles). Screw the new chip down on your old xbox board and boot it. get to evox (or whatever you prefer to flash with), swap chips back to the old one, and flash it with the correct bios.

Lastly, and optionally, re-solder the new chip back its original board.