xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Installed Duox2 Gs Chip, Don't Know Next Step  (Read 167 times)

haverchuck

• Archived User
Installed Duox2 Gs Chip, Don't Know Next Step
« on: February 03, 2011, 06:14:00 AM »

If anyone could help me out, I would be very grateful. I have spent hours and hours reading and trying to figure this out, so apologies if it is covered somewhere else, I did try to look!

I got a DuoX 2 GS chip (that is what the website described it as). I installed it, and it seems to work. When I turn on the xBox, the logo comes up blue, and it says Xecuter 2 at the bottom. Then it goes into what looks like the regular dash.

I want to install xbmc on it, and emulators, but I can't figure out how to load a new dash. I tried using Auto Installer Deluxe, but it didn't do anything. There seems to be a lot of different opinions on what to do, but it seemed like I need to flash a new bios.

Can someone please help me out if this is the case, as I don't know which one. The guides here mention Xecuter 2.0/2.1/2.2 and so on, but I don't knwo which is mine. So if someone could help me with what steps to follow to get a new dash, xbmc and emulators set up, I would be so thankful!

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 02:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(haverchuck @ Feb 3 2011, 01:14 PM) View Post
I tried using Auto Installer Deluxe, but it didn't do anything.
"It didn't do anything" is a useless piece of information - we need to know what did happen. Did AID boot, did anything happen when you selected any of the options, which options did you select?

There seems to be a lot of different opinions on what to do, but it seemed like I need to flash a new bios.
Unlikely. Where did you get these opinions from?

The guides here mention Xecuter 2.0/2.1/2.2 and so on, but I don't knwo which is mine.
None of them - you have a DuoX2 GS.......

It's really simple - you need a boot disk so you can install a dash. AID should work perfectly once you get it to boot properly. Burn it to DVD-R at 4x or slower.

haverchuck

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2011, 08:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Feb 4 2011, 08:02 AM) *

"It didn't do anything" is a useless piece of information - we need to know what did happen. Did AID boot, did anything happen when you selected any of the options, which options did you select?

Unlikely. Where did you get these opinions from?

None of them - you have a DuoX2 GS.......

It's really simple - you need a boot disk so you can install a dash. AID should work perfectly once you get it to boot properly. Burn it to DVD-R at 4x or slower.

Thanks for the reply, I'll try to give you the info needed

When I put in the DVD with AID, I heard the disc start whirring, then it went to a screen with the xbox logo (like the one when you turn it on), and stayed stuck on that. I never got to actually load up the disc. Is it possible that this could happen from using a DVD+R instead of DVD-R like you mentioned?

When I say these opinions, I meant from the dozens of websites I read, several of them gave different things to do (I think they didn't know what they were doing properly). It seems like I have found the right place now.

So would I be correct in saying that I don't need to flash anything beforehand, I should be able to use AID straight away?

Thanks in advance!

haverchuck

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 09:10:00 PM »

I just realised I put this in the wrong forum, it should be in the Team Omega Chips forum (I was a bit confused by the fact it says Xecuter when I start it up!). Is a mod able to move it in there please?
Thanks.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 01:30:00 AM »

Yes, using DVD+R is the most likely cause of your problem. Use DVD-R and you should be fine - just burn at 4x or slower.

haverchuck

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 11:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Feb 4 2011, 07:30 PM) View Post

Yes, using DVD+R is the most likely cause of your problem. Use DVD-R and you should be fine - just burn at 4x or slower.

Thanks for the reply, tried a DVD-R and it worked perfectly!